• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ronde Barber: Steve Smith toughest receiver to cover

Idk Frizzy, there arent too many times when Smitty gives up an int on a jump ball and he's extremely hostile in the air with his hands. He plays as big as those other guys imo . . because he still out leaps defenders.

There's no difference in Megatron vs Smitty threat wise. If Megatron has a slight vertical advantage then Smitty has a horizontal one. It evens out if you ask me. Too shifty to cover or too tall? Theyre both nightmares and going to make you look bad.

shifty has a longer career though. haaaaa Eight NINE!

Oh i completely agree that smith (esp in his prime) was extremely good at nabbing jump balls.  From a defenders point of view though, it seems perfectly natural that a 6 - 4 or 6 - 5 receiver is going to go up and pluck a high pass out of the air.  When a guy thats 5 - 9 does it in double coverage it shows the degree of talent and work ethic smith has because he doesnt have that height advantage.

Just ignore that imbecile man, no need to address the comment when its that idiotic. Defensive players instigate, period. Saying an offensive player is dirty other than a lineman just screams. . .

" EHH GUYS I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUG IM TALKING ABOUT"

Since you seem the need to bash me let return the favor.  So kicking a player and slamming them to the ground is not dirty play?  Talk about being a fuging moron and homer.  If Smitty wasnt a Panther he would be more hated than Deanglo Hall here. 

Since you seem the need to bash me let return the favor.  So kicking a player and slamming them to the ground is not dirty play?  Talk about being a fuging moron and homer.  If Smitty wasnt a Panther he would be more hated than Deanglo Hall here. 

ok, cool

yeah buddy, maybe we couldve had two Deanglo's. . that wouldve been neat.

How about kicking players. He also slams people to the ground all the time.  I still stand by my original comment.

Show me when he has ever kicked a player.

Like i previously stated, he has never done anything on the field that has not been done to him. Slamming and being slammed is all part of the sport where you get paid to be physical.

Being better at the physical aspect of the game while being undersized does not mean he is dirty. You don't even need to be a homer to see that. 

Just prove to me that Steve Smith has kicked another player.

Show me when he has ever kicked a player.

Like i previously stated, he has never done anything on the field that has not been done to him. Slamming and being slammed is all part of the sport where you get paid to be physical.

Being better at the physical aspect of the game while being undersized does not mean he is dirty. You don't even need to be a homer to see that. 

Just prove to me that Steve Smith has kicked another player.

He kicked a player our Superbowl season.

I wouldn't call Smith a dirty player.  Dirty players intetionally do dirty poo strategically.....Smitty just can't control his emotions.

Still I would like to say, prove it as I cannot recall that incident, the opposing team or the player involved. 

Even if he did, that was a decade ago. Will he be labeled dirty on the field because of an incident that may not even happened 10 years ago?

I have seen some down right disgusting things from a guy putting his fingers in his crack and putting it in the guys face or spitting a big fat lougie in a guys face while he's on the ground. I've seen defensive players go for knees, heads, twisting arms to break them, twisting ankles to shred joints, dude's grabbing a handful of sack and squeezing the life out of. . k lets stop there.

Its especially not very nice when a guy like Smith is already smaller than everyone on the field and is constantly reminded through constant smack talk that he's a smurf. When guys 50 and 100 pounds heavier than him start taking shots at him or dude's go for his knee then he will respond accordingly to make a statement. . . as deterrence for the next time some chump thinks about doing it again. How many people mess with Smith nowadays?

Take a look at when those negative incidents occurred, now tell me when the last one was? Hmm he was a lot younger huh? Didnt have the respect yet. You could say his gotten more chill as he's gotten older but thats not the case. Push him again and watch what happens. How many times have players started poo with him in the last 3 years? It doesnt happen often anymore to him because players have seen what happens to dudes that do.

Its a flat out miracle that he's never been severely injured at his size with the way he plays. . . miracle. LoL, now you got people on here siding with all the lougie spitters and poo flingers, hahaha gimme a break.

Take a look at when those negative incidents occurred, now tell me when the last one was? Hmm he was a lot younger huh? Didnt have the respect yet. You could say his gotten more chill as he's gotten older but thats not the case. Push him again and watch what happens. How many times have players started poo with him in the last 3 years? It doesnt happen often anymore to him because players have seen what happens to dudes that do.

Its a flat out miracle that he's never been severely injured at his size with the way he plays. . . miracle. LoL, now you got people on here siding with all the lougie spitters and poo flingers, hahaha gimme a break.

well, again....I don't think he is dirty but simply a man with little control over his emotions....and that can be seen consistantly over the course of his career. 

and people try to start poo with him b/c they hope to get him to hurt his own team.  Worked as recently as 2012.

Still I would like to say, prove it as I cannot recall that incident, the opposing team or the player involved.

Even if he did, that was a decade ago. Will he be labeled dirty on the field because of an incident that may not even happened 10 years ago?

I saw it. Happened against the Texans.

He regretted it later, but yeah it happened.

trash talking doesn't fall in the dirty category as well and smith is great at it. I trash talk it gets me going, either i perform or i look like a idiot and the fear of looking like a idiot all ways gives me that extra boost to do well it's all respect once the game is over.

and another thing this Steve Smith falling off thing is a little overblown, i can't see him falling off significantly because he has a ridiculous work ethic and always is on point. will his 1000 yard season eventually go away sure but i can't see smith going lower then 800yds from here on out barring injury.

Archived