• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

JawnyBlaze

lol Beason gets hurt two seasons in a row and the fans have already written him off... terrible.

Thomas Davis and Adrian Peterson both say what's good.

Thomas Davis wasn't the highest paid MLB in NFL history while rehabbing in hopes to comeback and play OLB....and Peterson still had his job to return to as one of the few featured RBs in the NFL.

Cost always matters. Same with those annoying RB threads. Anyone would love our RBs...cost always is what drove those talks

It isn't an apples to apples scenario....but Beason will be opting to move on and will have completely ripped us off before exiting. That is a worse scenario IMO than when Peppers.

Keep in mind, I have zero issue with Peppers leaving. I think the Pep hate is absurd...so people will finally need to back off that hate IMO.

And I won't blame Beason for it....as I always argue NFL players view things as business. Players don't just do stuff for a team....that is always a bonus when it helps while they look out for themselves. I have been saying for awhile he wouldn't restructure....and is already looking to move on to play MLB. He views himself as one of the best MLBs in the NFL....and which is why he pimps Luke as the best in the league already. The #2 best shouldn't e a backup or playing OLB

Yea, I agree with all of that, but from a fan perspective, it's just a lot different because of the player Beason was compared to Peppers. But from a business perspective yes Beason is much, much worse.

Yeah man. The way he played last year wasn't the Beason I knew. He was very mediocre the games he played.

Not easy to tackle with a bum shoulder.

If he can get healthy this year you will see a complete turn around on the attitude towards him. Many people will begin back tracking.

Not easy to tackle with a bum shoulder.

If he can get healthy this year you will see a complete turn around on the attitude towards him. Many people will begin back tracking.

Even if he is healthy is he worth the contract to play OLB? Does he want to play OLB and take a paycut? I know you know him personally, so have you heard him say anything?

I want a healthy Beason to stay here, love the dude, but is he worth that contract when we have so many other holes on the roster?

Unless you've ever voluntarily asked for a payout because your job duties changed, your opinion on this matter is not valid.

Don't blame someone for getting what they can on a contract. If you hate the contract, hate the people paying it. Not collecting it.

Oh how quick fans forget about an All-Pro LB. Is he overpaid? Sure, but he also earned the contract by being a Top 5 LB in the NFL and being our leader on defense.

Unless Beason refuses a restructure or paycut when G-Man finally approaches him about it, then I see nothing wrong with what he's doing. Players only have a limited-short window to make enough cash for retirement.

Yes...but in the NFL...what you did 3 years ago shouldn't hold much stock. Average career is only 3 years for a variety of reasons.

I'm surprised nobody brought up the fact that Beason held out his rookie season. He's always wanted to make sure he was well compensated, and I can't really fault him for that. The blame here lies with Hurney.

Even if he is healthy is he worth the contract to play OLB?

An OLB with the most leadership ability on the entire team?

Yep.

Also, he can play all three LB positions should one of the other guys get injured.

All these articles about this bad Panthers contract and that bad Panthers contract should be filed under the same header: Marty Hurney and JR pay rediculous $$ because they were tired of hearing about how cheap they were in 2010. Those contracts were a simple yet costly statement. This organization committed a Rule #1 violation, don't let fans influence your decisions. 2009-2012 was an embarrassment and there are 2 guys to thank. The players are smart for taking advantage of the village idiot.

Oh how quick fans forget about an All-Pro LB. Is he overpaid? Sure, but he also earned the contract by being a Top 5 LB in the NFL and being our leader on defense.

Unless Beason refuses a restructure or paycut when G-Man finally approaches him about it, then I see nothing wrong with what he's doing. Players only have a limited-short window to make enough cash for retirement.

I don't think he was ever an All-Pro, but I may be wrong. I love me some Beason, but saying his contract isn't the worst one we've ever written is a little bit blinded by homerism. Like SCP said, I'm not gonna hate the man because of his contract, I'll be mad at those that wrote it. Like Angels fans being mad at Josh Hamilton because he can't play anymore. Not his fault the contract was offered. I hope he plays lights out, restructures and we keep him and go on to do great things. But I can see how, for some, it would appear the writing is on the wall for him leaving the team with a very sour taste in their mouths.

As others have said, next season Beason will have to restructure/take a pay cut. If he doesn't want to, he'll be cut and I highy doubt he'll get as much anywhere else.

Love Beason but he's on an awful contract. He'll have the 2nd highest cap hit on the team at 10.75M. That's way too much for an OLB. Not his fault but as they say, it's a business. 

Beason hasn't had an average career, now has he? Jon has been unlucky these past two seasons with injuries but I'm not going to dismiss him for it yet.

Things change quickly in the NFL...

we already have our new MLB. Beason is a MLB if he can ever get healthly again....that isn't dismissing him.

Only place Beason has here would be to get healthy and be a reasonably priced OLB....that doesn't seem like something anyone should get there hopes up for

Archived