• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

JawnyBlaze

Two things scared the living fug out of Hurney:

1. Not having enough quality RB's(see 2005 NFC champ game)

2. "Core" players leaving(see Peppers)

He than started overcompensating like a motherfug having 3 starting caliber RB's and overpaying anyone that may have thought to be slightly good

Beason played OLB quite a bit at The U, so I wouldn't be making any hasty judgements. He thrived at MLB but doesn't mean he'll struggle at Weakside. Jon can play all three positions (he did so when injuries transpired and affected the core, and he did a very good job).

Beason himself and his coaches...have both addressed that. Can he move? Sure. But he is best suited for MLB in the NFL.

But again, cost matters signifantly in these talks....not about can Beason play OLB but is it worth having him play OLB with the largest MLB in NFL history. Answer is no....Carolina just can't do anything about it today

Frank Garcia at least usually knows what he's talking about when it comes to football discussion (even if he might not say it especially well).

The vast majority of them though? Morons, and Jensen is one of the biggest. Of the primary personalities, he might be second only to Marc James in sheer stupidity. There's definitely competition on that front.

Don't even get me started on how ignorant their sidekicks can be.

Well yeah I was speaking in hyperbole a bit but yeah the majority of them are horrendous and hard to listen to, james being the worst

Personally, I would love to see Gettleman pull this off:

Trade Jon Beason to Tennessee for Kenny Britt

Get Beason to sign a tradable contract! He gets a starting MLB gig, we get a potential monster at WR. Basically, us and Tennessee swap oft injured unknowns

The Panthers haven't even approached him about taking a pay cut according to Joe Person.  At this point they may not even feel that it's necessary being that they have a reported $9.8 mil in cap space.

this is ridiculous to me.

i'm hoping that it's just that they were waiting until DWill got restructured.

he's getting paid way too much.

he's taking up way too much of the cap.

he's been paid more than most LBs this last two years and has played only 5 games? as much as i like him...that was money wasted. and now he's not even the MLB.

i don't really care if it's his livelihood. i'm more concerned about the team as a whole and his contract and lack of playing has done nothing but hurt it and his contract will continue to hurt it. he might be good for the team, but the amount of space he's taking up isn't. he's not worth keeping around at that price and it's a shame that there is so little that can be done about it.

Wouldn't it hurt our cap in the future if he restructures now? If so, it may not be worth it right now to restructure him since we're in a good cap position.

I think the ultimate goal is have him sign an entirely new contract more in line with his new "worth"

unless he's approached about restructuring i'll save my opinion on the matter of the mans character, but something will have to be done and IMO if he's smart when or if ask to do so he will restructure......i can't see teams picking up a injured mlb for the last two years for more then 1.5 mill plus he will have to move yet again. Hoping this works out

Someone tell me how you restructure Beason's contract?  There's a reason they have not approached him about it.  You can't restructure the contract in any way that does not make the money we've already paid him not hit the salary cap.  That 12 million left in signing bonus has already been paid to him.  He's not giving that back.  

Unless we free up another few million we can't cut him because all that bonus money hits the cap the second we do.  We could do a June 1st cut but I'm pretty sure his he's got another 4 million of guaranteed money.  So, that's 16 million.  

This is what people don't understand.  It's not just getting him to take less money.  It's the huge signing bonus we've already paid him and prorated against our cap.  There is NO way possible to get rid of that no matter what Beason agrees to.  

Anyone who says that Beason should restructure tell me how?

Someone tell me how you restructure Beason's contract?  There's a reason they have not approached him about it.  You can't restructure the contract in any way that does not make the money we've already paid him not hit the salary cap.  That 12 million left in signing bonus has already been paid to him.  He's not giving that back.  

Unless we free up another few million we can't cut him because all that bonus money hits the cap the second we do.  We could do a June 1st cut but I'm pretty sure his he's got another 4 million of guaranteed money.  So, that's 16 million.  

This is what people don't understand.  It's not just getting him to take less money.  It's the huge signing bonus we've already paid him and prorated against our cap.  There is NO way possible to get rid of that no matter what Beason agrees to.  

Anyone who says that Beason should restructure tell me how?

No reasonable fan is worried about what it saves on the now! It's about wiping his mega base salary off the books for next year and the year after! So we can lock down Hardy and Cam, extend Luke and pursue some FAs

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/05/18/everybody-restructures-but-beason/

Pretty harsh, and as much as I love Beason I can't find it in me to disagree.

i disagree fully because the piece is a hit job, I don't go around to y'all and claim your making too much and need to take a 50% pay cut, the NFL is a business and never forget that, Beason is doing nothing more then looking out for his best interest which he should because the Panthers are going to look out for their best intrest before his.

The Panthers offered a contract to him and he signed it, now Beason is trying to get the Panthers to hold up their end of the contract and nothing more. kinda like now how Greg Hardy based on what he did last season he is woefully underpaid and if the Panthers want they can hold him to that contract and make him play for pennies on the dollar compared to what he should be making this season.

I am a firm believer that every player should make as much as he can as fast as he can because it all could be gone tomorrow, it's what I do and I will never blame a NFL player for trying to do the same.

So yeah it's a complete hit piece

Archived