• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton NFL Top 100 #46

TheRumGone

reading the first page of this thread, you would think they dissed newton.

makes me wonder what they watched.

im beginning to feel that most of our so called fans look for the negativity.

get a fuging life.

they had much more positive things to say than they did negative. the only thing negative they said, happens to be truthful. get over it.

cam isn't perfect, but he's working hard to improve himself.

stop focusing on the hate, or it leads me to believe you are a cam fan, not a panther fan.

You just dont get it. Champs opinion is fine. The problem is why do you put that in a top 100 program? Cam is a panther, if it was smitty or luke they would be defended just the same if NFLN put a 30 second piece together about them being overrated in their little HIGHLIGHT FILM. Cams peers voted him top 50, clearly chump did not. So why in the hell would you use an interview with chump in what should be a fluff piece on Cam? And why in the hell would you put the ref bumping incident in there? That was not the time to be negative about him. Do that in another show. If you cant see that you arent a Panthers fan.

I really believe the media hates Jerry Richardson so much that they are pissed off he has an absolute stud at QB.  They are going to do everything they can to run down Cam in an attempt to get him to leave here in a couple of years.  Then when he goes to one of the chosen franchises the media will return to treating him like the gutless jock sniffers they are with most of the other famous players in the league. 

Guest HelloWorld

you're mentioning cam and eli in the same sentence? Eli wears two rings and has the most comeback wins of any qb since '07, come on man!

The back up QB on the giants also have 2 rings together with 52 other players. If Eli were balling the first 3 quarters he wouldn't need miracles. Eli has been an INT machine just like Luck. It's not a coincidence they're both comeback kings.

Guest HelloWorld

it must really get tiring having to defend cam. its really something that the only people that like cam are panther fans. has it ever occurred to you people that these people are able to see him for what he is.

What exactly is he?

We in the huddle knows him as a football player. Enlighten us, the mighty one.

some of you would be much happier with life if you didn't focus on the negative so much.  Cam's segment was about 2/3 positive, and 1/3 negative.  I watched it several times, and even though I didn't actually time it with a stop watch, I am pretty certain my assesment of the time is fairly accurate.  And he's only in his 3rd year ranked just 3 spots lower than a 10 yr veteran who has had much more time to leave his impression on the league.  Eli.

The NFL is a drama.  It needs villans to be entertaining.  If the media portrayed everyone as they do the god-like Brees, RG3, and Luck; the NFL would be bland.

Cutler, Cam, and Romo are easy targets because they are polarizing.  For whatever reason (whether it's Cutler's attitude, Cam's body language, or just the fact that Romo plays for the Cowboys) the media will always swing wildly on these three.

The only way the media will paint these three in a favorable light is if the wins come.  If they don't, it makes for far more interesting headlines by pointing our thier flaws and tearing them down.

His spot was insulting to his impact, abilities, and performance. It was portrayed as if his placement at 46 was based only on him being big and wearing multicolored shoes. If that is not a backhanded compliment I don't know what is. And furthermore the comment of "not everyone thought he was so good" or however they put it implies that the narrarator had an opinion of his performance.

The back up QB on the giants also have 2 rings together with 52 other players. If Eli were balling the first 3 quarters he wouldn't need miracles. Eli has been an INT machine just like Luck. It's not a coincidence they're both comeback kings.

eli threw 2 of the most clutch, beautiful throws in super bowl history to get 2 rings, an underdog in both games, a 14 point dog in the first one, to beat the undefeated patriots, and ur mentioning the backup. that's a good one.

Archived