• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Hardy be holding out?

Pantherman

it's obvious no one is going to read the tweets or links I provided, so here is a quote from the observer...

Rivera said Hardy was taking “personal time.”

Hardy was the only player not in attendance for Thursday's practice, the last of 10 OTAs.

During the first week of OTAs, Rivera said he had to tell Hardy to back off his intensity during the non-contact drills.

“Remember, this is all voluntary,” Rivera said. “But when he's here, he's doing everything hard and doing it the right way. So I'm pretty excited about that.”

in a nutshell, rivera decided it is unnecessary to release the kraken on the poor saps at OTA.

$8,700,000 in dead money next year. You have to think G-man has that in consideration as well. Cutting Beason next year with a June 1st designation could free the money to pay Hardy next year. Yeah I know the "it's smarter to pay him now" theory, but if he's hunting for $10M+ like I'm sure he's wanting, signing him now won't bring his price down.

Shhh! He might read that

If he was holding out he wouldn't be on message boards posting. His agent would tell him to shut the fug up. Not worried about kraken.

I doubt his agent can track the internet habits of all his clients and stop them all from posting stuff before it happens...

Right now....him being the lone player not showing up is a red flag....coupled with Hardy already voicing he wants a new deal now. Hardy trying to get a new deal now isn't outlandish and not risking your body is a common move

I doubt his agent can track the internet habits of all his clients and stop them all from posting stuff before it happens...

Right now....him being the lone player not showing up is a red flag....coupled with Hardy already voicing he wants a new deal now. Hardy trying to get a new deal now isn't outlandish and not risking your body is a common move

It is common sense. I would if I were him. It's time to get paid. I just don't think that's the case right now. I'm sure his agent doesn't track his Internet habits, but there would be a conversation before the decision was made. It's up to hardy to listen to his agent and do what he says.

If he holds out, there are going to be some pissed off fans that feel that hardy owes them something. Posting on message boards puts him in a spot where he could say something stupid in the right situation. All I'm saying is i don't think this is the case at this moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Don't hurt your arm throwing all that sh*t against the wall CRA.

Seriously, anyone making any kind of deal out of this is doing so purely by their own agenda.

Archived