• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My observations from yesterday's practice

RoaringRiot

Armanti was running with the 1s the whole practice.  I'm assuming it's because Hixon wasn't out there.  It feels very strange to say it, but AE actually looked really good (not kidding).  He ran good routes, caught every pass cleanly with his hands (away from his body), and had no drops.  

It was a beautiful site seeing 59, 58, and 52 all on the field at the same time.  

Star is a BIG man with huge arms.  Short wasn't as big as I expected.

Lester, the Safety from Bama may be a nice surprise.  He was in the middle of a few good plays

it's amazing how comfortable Ginn looks fielding punts vs. AE, Adams, and LaFell.  It looks effortless for him.

Cam returned the last punt of the drill and ran it back through the D who all took turns "fake" tackling him

Gettis looked quick.  It was Ginn, Gettis, and Pilares/ Adams with the 2s

Jimmy Clausen looked......like Jimmy Clausen.  

The coolest part of the day, however, was when they were signing autographs after practice.  There was a blind kid (sorry if that is't PC) beside me with his grandma.  J Stew passed the kid, saw him, and then came back to talk to him.  Apparently Stew had met him before and went to the kid and said "hey man it's Jonathan Stewart.  Do you remember me?".  The kid said "oh yeah, you're the running back!", and then they talked a little bit.  The entire time as the players came by to sign his ball they would tell the kid their name and the kid would tell them their position.  Cam was the last one by and he stopped for a good 2-3 minutes (which is a long time) and signed for the kid, took pics, and talked to him.  The kid had written a letter to Cam and Cam thanked him and took it with him.  For all the s&it he gets from the national media, it's stuff like that that shows the type of person and leader he is.  He could have easily signed and moved on, especially after signing for 30 minutes already.  But he took the time to make that kid's day.  Beason also told the kid his first tackle was going to be for him,  

I can't decide if its fuged up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?

a lot of times "blind" means your vision is just heavily impaired. not that the kid sees "black" all the time, he can probably see and make it out if he gets real close to it [even if its blurry or w/e he see's it as normal because he probably hasnt had regular vision ever]. Now im just speculating here of course but hopefully he can see somewhat and make out the picture, and if not, at least his family has a nice gesture that he really enjoyed to look at for years and years.

I can't decide if its fuged up for an athlete to take a picture with a blind kid. I mean, he can't see it. Give the kid your practice jersey or something tangible right?

Well....that's an interesting way to think about it.  He also can't see all of the signatures that he got on his ball that day, but that didn't seem to matter to him.  Maybe the pic was more for the grandma.....she got a huge kick out of the kid knowing every player's position.  Brockel even came by and just said "I'm number 47" and the kid knew he was a TE.  It was impressive....

Armanti was running with the 1s the whole practice.  I'm assuming it's because Hixon wasn't out there.  It feels very strange to say it, but AE actually looked really good (not kidding).  He ran good routes, caught every pass cleanly with his hands (away from his body), and had no drops.  

i'm guessing that the ones were running 3 WR sets?

Archived