• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Recipe Book

Hawk

I'm sure all you guys have women falling all over each other trying to make you sandwiches just to get treated like poo and I'm even more sure they are all super hot too.

Fug that, I'll make my girl a sammich first, make myself one second, then clean up after if it keeps her happy. To keep with the food theme, I know which side my bread is buttered on and my momma didn't raise no dummy.

(well, that last statement is arguable)

I'm sure all you guys have women falling all over each other trying to make you sandwiches just to get treated like poo and I'm even more sure they are all super hot too.

Nope, mine can't cook a lick.

Been dating for almost 8 years and she made me a sandwich for the first time last weekend, I was out staining the deck the color that she wanted, then I mowed the yard, to make her happy.

Then I took her to pound town.

Pimento cheese (without pimentos cause they suck)

2-3 Roasted red peppers (throw em in the oven until their skin is black, then peel the skin off, or buy in a can)

Onion

Jalapenos (as many as you want)

Garlic

Pickles (optional)

other veggies (optional)

1 pound cheddar cheese

1 pound pepper jack

Mayo

Chop up all the veggies into really small pieces (use a slap chop)

Grate cheese

Throw it all in a big bowl and add mayo until its the right consistency.  Add some hot sauce if you want

Serve on toasted bread with lettuce/tomato if you're feeling fancy.  Watch as others are awestruck by your gourmet cooking skills

Crab Dip      Charleston style

1 1/4 cups of Mayo     Dukes is a must

1 cup of Crab meat     real not imitation

1/2 cup of fine shredded cheddar

3 tablespoons of horseradish

8 tablespoons of French Dressing

Mix all together in a bowl.  Put in fridge until next day or at least 6 hours.  Much better cold than room temperature.

Eat with Club crackers.

I'm sure all you guys have women falling all over each other

Just one. ;)

trying to make you sandwiches

Yes

just to get treated like poo 

Only when she has been drinking, she gets crazy when she has a good buzz

and I'm even more sure they are all super hot too.

I think so.

Meat Candy

1 Package Little Smokies

1 Pound Bacon

Brown Sugar

Toothpicks

Take a pound of bacon and lay it down and cut it twice so you have 3 stacks of bacon about 3" in length.

Wrap each piece of bacon around a Little Smokie, and run a toothpick thru it

Lay them out on a cookie sheet, better put foil on the sheet first

Sprinkle a heaping amount of brown sugar over all of them

Put them in the oven at 375 until the bacon is done and the sugar is carmelized

Eat

You better make 2 batches because you won't be able to stop eating these little morsels of deliciousness.

with local crops coming in, here is an easy recipe to make zucchini better than french fries

Zucchini Parmesan Crisps - 

1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan (heaping)
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
... 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.

Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.

In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.

Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.

Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.

Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is.)

You can dip in ranch if you want

these are similar to Ham Delites...you may have had them a church weddings.

These do not last long.

Hawaiian Ham N Cheese Sliders
Here's what you'll need....

1-2 packages of Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 onion, minced
1 stick of butter
3 Tbs of Dijon Mustard
2-3 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
3 teaspoons of poppy seeds
1 1/2 pounds of shaved deli ham- or more depends how thick you want them
8-10 slices of Swiss cheese or American
In a sauce pan melt your butter. Add onion and cook until soft.
Then add in your mustard, Worcestershire, and poppy seeds. Simmer for 5 mins
Slice your rolls right down the middle. Place them in a pan with foi.lplace 2/3 of mixture on bottom of rolls..Add your ham and then your cheese.Top with the other side of the rolls and add the rest of the mixture on top.Bake for 20 mins on 350! Cut where the lines are in the Hawaiian rolls and you know have perfectly melted sliders.

Eggplant Parmesan and Greek Kale Salad (Easy takes little time in the kitchen)

Greek Kale Salad

1/2 large bunch kale, washed, dried and torn into small pieces

1/2 medium cucumber, cut into wedges

small handful sundried tomatoes, packed in oil

4-5 kalamata olives, sliced

goat or feta cheese, crumbled as a garnish

Massage the kale with olive oil, lemon and salt until it starts to wilt. Add cucumber, sundrieds and olives, mix well. Top with crumbled goat cheese!

For a healthy salad dressing option make Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:

2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice,1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.  Combine, cover and shake well.

I’ve also used Newman’s Own Creamy Ceasar dressing....yum

Eggplant Parm

Bake eggplant slices and zucchini cut long ways with a little cooking spray and salt and pepper for about 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.

Place zucchini pieces on top of eggplant slices

Add a little of each ingredient to each eggplant slice:

Spicy pasta sauce

1 cup shredded mozzarella

1/4 cup grated Parmesan

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

pack of cherry tomatos

Put back in oven at 400 degrees F.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.

Slice your rolls right down the middle. Place them in a pan with foi.lplace 2/3 of mixture on bottom of rolls..Add your ham and then your cheese.Top with the other side of the rolls and add the rest of the mixture on top.Bake for 20 mins on 350! Cut where the lines are in the Hawaiian rolls and you know have perfectly melted sliders.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean, can you explain more? It sounds like it would be great for a party.

Just discovered Israeli Couscous and have made this a couple of times. 

Its hearty enough that you leave the table satisfied but not so heavy that you dont want it on a hot summer evening.

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups diced onion
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/3 cups Israeli (Pearl) Couscous (I prefer the tri-color)
2 cups chicken broth
12 oz (about 3 cups) Cooked chopped chicken (the rosted bird from Harris Teeter deli is perfect)

1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 5-10 minutes until softened and caramelized.

2. Add garlic and stir to combine until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add couscous and broth, stir to combine, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 8-10 minutes until broth is absorbed.

3. Add chicken and stir until heated through.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean, can you explain more? It sounds like it would be great for a party.

yeah it is a little confusing.  Buy the hawaiian rolls that come in a squarish pan.  Turn the pan over and all the rolls will come out still attached.  Using a very sharp knife, cut sideways through the middle, separating the top halves from the bottom halves.  I just put the bottom of the rolls, still attached to each other for the most part, and put them back in the pan.  It's basically like a big piece of bread

that forms the base.

then add everything else and put the top of the rolls back on top.  Cook and then run a knife down

the sides of each roll to separate them, so folks can pick them out of the pan.

Archived