• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the hits just keep on coming for the Patriots

TheRumGone

They will still be competitive, of course. They are just not the powerhouse they were a couple months ago. They are now more beatable than they were, which bodes well for us.

They'll be in the playoffs only because they don't have any competition in their division.....maybe the Dolphins.

It has always made me mad that these players make millions of dollars a year and they can't pay some simple bitch to drive them around when they drink...

They don't have to pay anyone. NFL and every team offer a pickup/dropoff service for players.

While I'd absolutely love nothing more than to smack them in the mouth in November on Monday night seeing as a bunch of friends and I are going and some of them are Patriots fans....I will hold off on writing them off just yet. This definitely makes them a little weaker but they've proven themselves to be a resilient team...They won 10 games with Matt Cassel starting somehow.

I'm glad the Big Cat is high on character players...

it'd be nice if it came with more wins and some more trips to the playoffs and a ring or two, but hey...at least we got a bunch of good guys who like each other. i mean that's almost as good as wins, right?

it'd be nice if it came with more wins and some more trips to the playoffs and a ring or two, but hey...at least we got a bunch of good guys who like each other. i mean that's almost as good as wins, right?

I understand your frustration, but I think you are off base with this. Plenty of teams are winning games, going to the playoffs, and winning championships without any of their players murdering people or going out drunk driving.

Our problem isn't that we have nice guys, but the culture of complacency that infested the team for years. Yet certain people would have you believe our QB is a bad person because he has the audacity to hate losing.

Of course it would be nice if we had more wins but I'd rather wins with character players than wins without them. But, in my opinion, wins start from the top down, or should I say the bottom up...meaning the foundation of the club. 

I understand your frustration, but I think you are off base with this. Plenty of teams are winning games, going to the playoffs, and winning championships without any of their players murdering people or going out drunk driving.

Our problem isn't that we have nice guys, but the culture of complacency that infested the team for years. Yet certain people would have you believe our QB is a bad person because he has the audacity to hate losing.

Of course it would be nice if we had more wins but I'd rather wins with character players than wins without them. But, in my opinion, wins start from the top down, or should I say the bottom up...meaning the foundation of the club. 

I wasn't implying anything more than what i said. i wish that more wins came. 

i like not having players that were headaches off the field, but i think we have tried for years to get players who were "nice guys" and many times that does translate into complacency. we've taken more pride in having good guys than wins and when the wins don't come we like to say it's alright cause at least we have players who are friendly and nice folks.

fans have become too complacent, mirroring the culture that was formed during the last half of the fox years. it's ok to have a losing team as long as you have players you "like".

I wasn't implying anything more than what i said. i wish that more wins came. 

i like not having players that were headaches off the field, but i think we have tried for years to get players who were "nice guys" and many times that does translate into complacency. we've taken more pride in having good guys than wins and when the wins don't come we like to say it's alright cause at least we have players who are friendly and nice folks.

fans have become too complacent, mirroring the culture that was formed during the last half of the fox years. it's ok to have a losing team as long as you have players you "like".

I really have not seen any fans here say anything about having "nice players" after a loss lol. Usually it involves rants about firing certain coaches or cutting a specific player immediately and erasing their name from history.

Are you saying that we are losing because we don't go after the bad boy type players? Just trying to understand.

Archived