• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

L-Towns camp observations day 3

L-TownCat

@pantherfan1983: Star and KK stroll onto the field thick as thieves.

@pantherfan1983: Jordan Gross hauls in a bullet from DA. #secretweapon

@pantherfan1983: Short looks explosive as hell through the dummy drills.

@pantherfan1983: Smitty must be wearing the new Nike concrete gloves this morning. 2 drops already. Gettis meanwhile looks quick.

@pantherfan1983: TD on the sled. While coach scream VIOLENCE MEN VIOLENCE!

@pantherfan1983: Joe Adams looking real good. Shows both speed and hands.

@pantherfan1983: Munnerlyn testing smitty with a couple slaps to the head during one on ones. Tread carefully my friend.

@pantherfan1983: Ginn with the circus over the shoulder grab in the end zone from Cam.

@pantherfan1983: TE # 86 has good first step, quick burst and good feet. Impressive.

@pantherfan1983: RB Poole with a nice move after the catch. Draws a couple ooos and aaahhs.

@pantherfan1983: Fan calls out to keek, "hey Luke, you know you're cooler than Cam right?" Cam was nearby. Hilarious.

@pantherfan1983: Thomas Davis practicing in pads without a kneebrace. I'm proud and terrified at the same time. #nervous

@pantherfan1983: Luke Kuechly in year two has total command over his position. The vets are asking him questions. #superstar

@pantherfan1983: Godfrey take DWill to the ground on a screen pass. After 15 yards though.

@pantherfan1983: Next play Ginn makes the catch Godfrey is waiting with a hard pop. Gives the crowd the not in my house finger wave.

@pantherfan1983: Godfrey is loving every minute of this. Very vocal. Could be a good sign.

@pantherfan1983: Barner is an absolute speed demon.

Practice today was very fast and pointed. The players were engaged not only with the coaches but each other. The communication on the defensive side of the ball is amazing. Luke truly understands the game. TD is very into the learning aspect. He was always in McD's ear asking questions about assignments and other what if's. Chase Blackburn is another talker, he seems to just get it. The linebackers are totally aware right now.

The secondary is scrappy. They know they are the weakness of the defense and that motivates them. Godfrey is the unquestioned leader. He never stopped talking. Always getting after guys and talking up good plays. He was the one you didn't want to meet today delivering big pops to everyone that got that far no exceptions. His gesture after sticking Ginn got the crowd on its feet. This man means business.

I didn't get a great look at the line but I didn't need a great look to see that the Kraken is in mid season form. Would have had double digit sacks today if going live. He's scary. CJ just did his thing, quiet but productive. Star is a bit hard to gauge but Short is every bit as explosive as advertised.

The offense had its moments but this just felt like the defenses day. Cam rebounded a bit today, passes were on point hitting guys in stride. Has a great chemistry with both Lafell and Ginn. Smitty struggled a bit with the drops(not worried). Gettis was fast but had to be helped off the field after he was mugged going down the sideline. He was not happy about it either, was claiming he got horse collered. AE, Adams, Pilares and Hixon all made plays. AE and Adams caught everything while pilares and Hixon made a few mistakes.

I'm liking what I've seen. This was one of the best practices I've ever been to. I have to say guys I'm probably more excited than I should be but I don't care. Far as Im concerned this team looks ready to make its move.

Anyway, this is just one mans opinion, I'm sure someone saw today completely different. Hope this is helpful.

Who, if anyone, is making plays/holding their own in the secondary outside of Godfrey? Do Norman and Josh Thomas seem to be 'getting it' and improving their second year? Who has been most impressive across from Godfrey at SS? Is Florence really a veteran presence? Is he vocal and teaching the youngsters or still adapting to his new home as a Carolina Panther?

Who, if anyone, is making plays/holding their own in the secondary outside of Godfrey? Do Norman and Josh Thomas seem to be 'getting it' and improving their second year? Who has been most impressive across from Godfrey at SS? Is Florence really a veteran presence? Is he vocal and teaching the youngsters or still adapting to his new home as a Carolina Panther?

Munnerlyn is playing the best. You can tell Florence is a good vet. Hes helping the young guys. It's hard to watch anybody else in the secondary besides Godfrey because he's everywhere. He draws all the attention. The DBs re working on batting away the ball and making a break for the ball. Peeling off and jumping routes was happening a lot, but I can't stress enough that the d line dominated. No passes would have made it if they were unleashed. The secondary is gonna have fun this year.

Good to hear and thanks for the updates from those of us that cannot be in attendance. I really think our secondary will be opportunistic and force a lot of turnovers. They will likely give up their share of big plays but I have a feeling they will get a lot of interceptions as well and will win more battles than they will lose because of our front 7. If offenses get stuck in third and longs because they cannot run they will be in trouble.

Nice write up, sometime around Aug. 1st, i'll make my way down and i'll make sure I give you guys a nice write up.  Anything anyone wants me to look at specifically, message it to me, and i'll take care of it.

were they running mainly nickel packages or were they running with 4 dbs?

just trying to get a feel for tbe defense. we have such a great front 7 now, it would be a  shame not totake advantage of it because we have to flood the field with DBs to compensate for lack of talent.

@pantherfan1983: Smitty must be wearing the new Nike concrete gloves this morning. 2 drops already. Gettis meanwhile looks quick.

@pantherfan1983: Munnerlyn testing smitty with a couple slaps to the head during one on ones. Tread carefully my friend.

@pantherfan1983: Ginn with the circus over the shoulder grab in the end zone from Cam.

@pantherfan1983: TE # 86 has good first step, quick burst and good feet. Impressive.

@pantherfan1983: RB Poole with a nice move after the catch. Draws a couple ooos and aaahhs.

@pantherfan1983: Fan calls out to keek, "hey Luke, you know you're cooler than Cam right?" Cam was nearby. Hilarious.

@pantherfan1983: Thomas Davis practicing in pads without a kneebrace. I'm proud and terrified at the same time. #nervous

@pantherfan1983: Luke Kuechly in year two has total command over his position. The vets are asking him questions. #superstar

@pantherfan1983: Godfrey take DWill to the ground on a screen pass. After 15 yards though.

@pantherfan1983: Next play Ginn makes the catch Godfrey is waiting with a hard pop. Gives the crowd the not in my house finger wave.

@pantherfan1983: Godfrey is loving every minute of this. Very vocal. Could be a good sign.

Practice today was very fast and pointed. The players were engaged not only with the coaches but each other. The communication on the defensive side of the ball is amazing. Luke truly understands the game. TD is very into the learning aspect. He was always in McD's ear asking questions about assignments and other what if's. Chase Blackburn is another talker, he seems to just get it. The linebackers are totally aware right now.

The secondary is scrappy. They know they are the weakness of the defense and that motivates them. Godfrey is the unquestioned leader. He never stopped talking. Always getting after guys and talking up good plays. He was the one you didn't want to meet today delivering big pops to everyone that got that far no exceptions. His gesture after sticking Ginn got the crowd on its feet. This man means business.

I didn't get a great look at the line but I didn't need a great look to see that the Kraken is in mid season form. Would have had double digit sacks today if going live. He's scary. CJ just did his thing, quiet but productive. Star is a bit hard to gauge but Short is every bit as explosive as advertised.

The offense had its moments but this just felt like the defenses day. Cam rebounded a bit today, passes were on point hitting guys in stride. Has a great chemistry with both Lafell and Ginn. Smitty struggled a bit with the drops(not worried). Gettis was fast but had to be helped off the field after he was mugged going down the sideline. He was not happy about it either, was claiming he got horse collered. AE, Adams, Pilares and Hixon all made plays. AE and Adams caught everything while pilares and Hixon made a few mistakes.

I'm liking what I've seen. This was one of the best practices I've ever been to. I have to say guys I'm probably more excited than I should be but I don't care. Far as Im concerned this team looks ready to make its move.

Anyway, this is just one mans opinion, I'm sure someone saw today completely different. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks. Good Report, update. 

And who ever "Mugged" Gettis (as he he described), should be cut immediately, after all he's been through, and what he could mean to the team, if he came back healthy. SMH

And who ever "Mugged" Gettis (as you described), should be cut immediately, after all he's been through, and what he could mean to the team, if he came back healthy. SMH

And who ever "Mugged" Gettis (as he he described), should be cut immediately, after all he's been through, and what he could mean to the team, if he came back healthy.

Naw, it wasn't like that. DBs were working on jumping routes.

Gettis was streaking down the sideline. DA threw almost perfectly, but the ball seemed to hang forever. I think it was Norman, can't remember, jumped for the ball at the same time Gettis stretched for it. Gettis hit the ground. Norman landed on top of him.

Norman jumped up and called for a trainer.

I didn't see a horse collar. I saw two guys collide in the air, then again on the ground.

Archived