• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game on the line... you going with Beason, Morgan or Keuchly....

charlottenian

Any real fan knows that Jenkins was more than just some Pro-Bowl DT. I bet my testicles that you're either a Peppers nuthugger or you're a bandwagon fan of recent times OR you don't know squat about the game.

One of the greatest pass rushers ever? Ha! That ship has long sailed. I doubt Peppers will finish in the Top 15 conversation.

^This

Any real fan knows that Jenkins was more than just some Pro-Bowl DT. I bet my testicles that you're either a Peppers nuthugger or you're a bandwagon fan of recent times OR you don't know squat about the game.

One of the greatest pass rushers ever? Ha! That ship has long sailed. I doubt Peppers will finish in the Top 15 conversation.

The fact that were even discussing this already points to the fact peppers was better. Were talking top 15 ever vs. A good dt for his time. I swear the way peppers left must make some of you guys forget how dominate he was.

And also check your membership dates I ve been around much longer than you new guy.

Morgan, Beason, and Keuchly are all roughly equal at their best in their own times.

It's not too early to expect Keuchly to surpass the others, but it's too early to be sure.  Still, if I'm building a defense around one of these guys,  I'm gonna go with Keek.  He's ahead of where these other guys were at this point in their careers.  He's certainly the best of the three at this particular moment in time.

My big question is: Are Beason's best days behind him?  If so, then Keuchly is the new best linebacker this franchise has ever had. Keuchly and Beason together on the field would be like Briggs/Urlacher for so many years in Chicago.  If Beason can come back and play close to his former level, that would only help Keek establish himself as the best in the league.  Beason was the best LB in the league for a short time.  There was Ryans in Houston, but other than that he was the best.  

Hate to say it, but if Beason doesn't come back up to his old self, he will probably not be mentioned along with those other two in Panthers lore.  Keuchly also is playing in the Cam era.  Beason was unlucky enough to play in the Matt Moore/Jimmy Clausen era.

And also check your membership dates I ve been around much longer than you new guy.

Why go there? Is that relevant to our conversation? You can make an argument both ways. I personally think that Jenkins was more valuable to the team during his prime than Peppers was. That is all friend.

Why

Archived