• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Affleck is your new Bruce Wayne; Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor?

Dpantherman

Cranston as lex Luthor sounds fantastic :D

Affleck as Batman?  Eeehhh... :unsure:

Always thought Eric Bana would make a good Bruce Wayne/Batman.  Pictured him as a good Iron Man before Downey took it.

And of course there's guys like Gerard Butler and Clive Owen.

Cranston as lex Luthor sounds fantastic :D

Affleck as Batman?  Eeehhh... :unsure:

Always thought Eric Bana would make a good Bruce Wayne/Batman.  Pictured him as a good Iron Man before Downey took it.

And of course there's guys like Gerard Butler and Clive Owen.

After how things went with The Hulk, I doubt Eric Bana would be too excited for another comic book movie lol.

After how things went with The Hulk, I doubt Eric Bana would be too excited for another comic book movie lol.

Ang Lee's 'Hulk' was awful, and Bana was horribly miscast as Bruce Banner.  Ed Norton was a great choice (had he not been an a$$hole to everyone) and Mark Ruffalo's nervous, twitchy Banner in The Avengers was solid too.

Still, after seeing Bana as Hector in 'Troy', I could imagine him playing a more 'active' type hero.

Ang Lee's 'Hulk' was awful, and Bana was horribly miscast as Bruce Banner. Ed Norton was a great choice (had he not been an a$$hole to everyone) and Mark Ruffalo's nervous, twitchy Banner in The Avengers was solid too.

Still, after seeing Bana as Hector in 'Troy', I could imagine him playing a more 'active' type hero.

Out of those three, Ruffalo is the one best suited for that role IMO. Though I really can't hold much against Bana for how that played out. Ang Lee just dropped a colossal turd that no actor in that film could have overcome.

I'm slightly warming to the idea of Affleck as Batman, but I still think there were numerous better choices.

Out of those three, Ruffalo is the one best suited for that role IMO. Though I really can't hold much against Bana for how that played out. Ang Lee just dropped a colossal turd that no actor in that film could have overcome.

I'm slightly warming to the idea of Affleck as Batman, but I still think there were numerous better choices.

Physically, I liked Norton better, but Ruffalo was the far better actor and did things with the part nobody else had done.

For me, he's Banner from now on.  I even liked his Iron Man 3 cameo.

Ruffalo>norton>bana.

Does anyone know the short list of the other actors considered for batman beside affleck?

Here's a list from comicbookmovie.com. I'd consider it valid since they knew about Affleck.

1. Wes Bentley

Nolan recommended him to WB since they are filming Nolans new film together

2. Luke Evans is being considered for a role as well

3. Jake Gyllenhaal is being considered for the role

apparently he was Goyers first choice for batman in Batman Begins.

4. BIG BEN!! ben affleck being considered but they are told he may decline

but they are going to keep asking him.

finally Scott Adkins.

rumor last week about him being for batman but on this site its saying he didnt even audition yet because auditions havent even started and wont start until sometime next month and october.

but IF he doesnt get the role he may be batmans stunt double for sure and to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing that.

Here's a list from comicbookmovie.com. I'd consider it valid since they knew about Affleck.

1. Wes Bentley

Nolan recommended him to WB since they are filming Nolans new film together

2. Luke Evans is being considered for a role as well

3. Jake Gyllenhaal is being considered for the role

apparently he was Goyers first choice for batman in Batman Begins.

4. BIG BEN!! ben affleck being considered but they are told he may decline

but they are going to keep asking him.

finally Scott Adkins.

rumor last week about him being for batman but on this site its saying he didnt even audition yet because auditions havent even started and wont start until sometime next month and october.

but IF he doesnt get the role he may be batmans stunt double for sure and to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing that.

Out of all those guys( purely from a looks standpoint) I would have chosen Scott Adkins. The problem with all these guys is none of them strike me as having the Bruce Wayne playboy strong jawed look coupled with looking like they are smart enough to be the dark detective. That is what makes me love the comic books and tv shows so much is because the way they draw him have have the character act works. Jon Hamm is probably the only one with the looks in the face to be a playboy but doesn't come off to me as being a detective. In the dark knight movies they didn't really emphasize the detective aspect. At least to me anyways. Seems to me they wanted to go with a batman that could also be lighthearted the way Downey jr played ironman. Idk maybe I'm just holding on to the image of the animated series batman to much

I'd rather have Cranston as Jim Gordon

Could see that, but I'd like him better as Luthor.

Gary Oldman made a pretty good Gordon.  If you're moving on from him, how about a guy like Chris Cooper?

Always thought Harvey Keitel would have made a perfect Commissioner Gordon, but he's likely too old for it now.

Ed Harris might have made a good Gordon too if he still had hair.

Archived