• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believe Derek Anderson gets cut

Ruff

Nobody is clamoring for Jimmy Clausen. We're clamoring to get rid of the underperforming dead weight on this team at every position, and at the QB position, Anderson has performed the worst this offseason.

By that logic, they both should be cut.

Will be interesting because our whole QB corps has underperformed during preseason. If that is due to playcalling and instructions to stay in pocket, run no screens, blah, blah, blah, then only the coaches will be able to ascertain who is doing what.

But yeah, OLine is in the same position with all those guys rotating in and out with the firsts and who knows who they might keep beyond Gross and Kalil.

No matter...if it comes down to running this offense without #1, it ain't gonna be pretty.

I felt bad for Clausen in 2010 because he was so overrated coming out of college, he didn't really get a fair shot to develop before being thrown into the fire. John Fox was never a HC who had any patience developing QBs. He does actually look more composed in the pocket. I think DA still has him on arm strength, but no longer on accuracy.

If we can only keep one, I have no problem keeping Clausen at this point. Plus that frees up another roster spot for a position of need.

First you tell me Armanti Edwards is going to make the team in spite of Fox and Hurney being long gone, and now Clausen is making headway in making the team?  Before training camp, these were probably two guys I thought for sure wasn't going to make the team this year.  Man, I suppose the next guy who wins a roster spot will be Fua.

... But seriously though, I'd keep Jimmy.  He's cheaper, younger, has shown improvement and actually looked better than DA this whole offseason.  I don't know what the fug happened to Anderson, but we can't afford dead weight at the moment, even if it is a knee jerk reaction.  Plain and simple, Jimmy at least never gave up (despite his bleak-looking future in the NFL) and you can tell he's been putting in the work to get better.  If Cam goes down we're fuged anyways.

Besides, like it's been said before Jimmy was thrown to the fire his rookie season and is finally showing a little bit of progress.  We might as well hold on to him for now, he's cheap as fug.

Archived