• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My waning confidence in our running backs.

Awesomeness!!

But we didn't call any of those plays this preseason.  I think we have apples & oranges here.

You're talking last year.  We're talking this preseason.

Like I said, last year was about play calling.  This preseason it's about the o-line.

So D Will gets none of the blame?

So D Will gets none of the blame?

Not for last night.  Neither does Barner nor Poole.  I can't see it.  We won't even talk about A Smith, stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm not saying RB's can't be blamed for bad runs at times.  They'll hesitate too long or make a wrong cut or stay behind blockers longer than they need or lose their balance, and so forth.  It happens. 

I was talking about this preseason. And, yes, we use a FB. His name is Tolbert.

When it seems that none of our RB's can penetrate for much more than a few yards, it's the o-line. Last year, it was play calling.

You'll have to ask Rivera that question. Maybe our o-line play wasn't up to par? Williams did okay when the o-line played decent, while Stewart was out.

You wouldn't even need to two hands probably to count the number of times Tolbert was used as a lead blocker last year....

He is more of a power RB. He isn't a Hoov FB....that is almost a dead breed

D-Will is Barry Sanders-esque. He may have 14 carries for 30 yards then break off a 60 yard TD run.

He gets yards in chunks. Not a guy that gets you 3-4 yards on every carry.

It is great because of the explosiveness but can also hurt you by getting little yards on a carry by carry basis.

Barry Sanders spent a career behind a weak OL....and was Barry Sanders. DWill doesn't belong in that kinda talk. Great RB in his prime but not even close to what Sanders was

Exactly! It was play calling last year.

I think it was talent....they didn't have the talent to execute anything consistantly.

If you have the talent to execute....you can have Jeff Davidson call your plays and win.

Tolbert isn't a lead blocking FB. Can't go back to Foxball and pretend he is Hoov and our OL can smash people.

What did you want to see different? Chud's biggest flaw was situational play calls.....not generating offense

Barry Sanders spent a career behind a weak OL....and was Barry Sanders. DWill doesn't belong in that kinda talk. Great RB in his prime but not even close to what Sanders was

I meant that in terms if how he gets his yardage. Not saying he is anywhere near the level of Barry Sanders. Just meant he will have some 1,2, or negative yard plays, but then break off large chunks of yards on a handful of carries.

I meant that in terms if how he gets his yardage. Not saying he is anywhere near the level of Barry Sanders. Just meant he will have some 1,2, or negative yard plays, but then break off large chunks of yards on a handful of carries.

Well they lived or died by Barry....

We just need consistent yards to help move chains......basically our run game should just be helping Cam move up and down. All those negative plays are stalling our offense and those big runs come every 3-4 weeks

I think it was talent....they didn't have the talent to execute anything consistantly.

If you have the talent to execute....you can have Jeff Davidson call your plays and win.

Tolbert isn't a lead blocking FB. Can't go back to Foxball and pretend he is Hoov and our OL can smash people.

What did you want to see different? Chud's biggest flaw was situational play calls.....not generating offense

I'm not sure where you're going with your reasoning.  No one was talented last year, so we called shitty plays? And then in November everyone became talented so we called better plays?

{{sigh}} Tolbert is our FB, that is what you asked.  And if Tolbert is out there and the RB runs the ball, he better be blocking or distracting defense somehow.

What did I want to see? Wins.

I havent lost faith in Williams, he made some big plays down the stretch last year,

getting really hard to see Stewart sit out everything for the past 2-3 years it seems like. how long have we been waiting to see what a healthy stewart can do.... maybe we never will. its not his fault , and we all know he could be a stud back when healthy.... but hes NEVER healthy.

hopefully Barner can bring something this year but as of now im not blown away by the guy(its early)

call me crazy but I still think Williams is our best bet right now, hes healthy and he can play in any situation + he has improved as a blocker and receiving threat the past few years

Well they lived or died by Barry....

We just need consistent yards to help move chains......basically our run game should just be helping Cam move up and down. All those negative plays are stalling our offense and those big runs come every 3-4 weeks

That doesn't sound like a problem with ability of our RBs.  Negative plays disappear fast with good blocking.

Archived