• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Listen up Seattle! You are now ON NOTICE!

Zod

Thanks for the welcomeish lol. There's no excuses if we lose, none. Only reason I wanted to join the site is because I wanted better insight on the team and I wanted to state that, contrary to popular belief, seahawk fans aren't taking this game lightly and expect a good game. And of course as fans, we all think and want our team to win, that's a given.

Sure we do.  We should all believe in out team...that is the beauty of the beginning of the season.

You are one of the better posters here from an opposing team.  I laughed at the "welcomeish." You understand I have to give you a bit of a hard time in the name of sport....mostly motivated by others who preceded you.

I am sure it will be a very good game and I love this one as the first one.  A great test for us and a great start if we win. I will be there expecting the best.

Thanks for the welcomeish lol. There's no excuses if we lose, none. Only reason I wanted to join the site is because I wanted better insight on the team and I wanted to state that, contrary to popular belief, seahawk fans aren't taking this game lightly and expect a good game. And of course as fans, we all think and want our team to win, that's a given.

You don't know our history. We have been TERRIBLE on 10 am morning games (1 PM your time) since forever! I'm talking about since our inception in 1976! It just doesn't seem to matter about how good our team is, we SUCK on east coast morning games. It's a "thing" with this team, and if there's a cure, we haven't found it yet. This is something that should give you guys more hope for a win this Sunday, 'cause it's a real thing. And all us Seahawks fans worry before every one of these contests... I know I am...

Looks like we respect other fan's opinions more than your forum. A Panther fan started a thread there linking to a CBSSports article with the predicted winners of the games, and now the thread is gone and he's banned. In fact, can't really find ANY Panther posters in your bastion of open-mindedness and idea exchange where everyone's opinion is respected.

Your skin looks thin BT. You're gonna come here if you win and brag. As long as you don't taunt, you won't be banned. But if we win, I'll bet your forum will still be closed off to our boasting.  

No matter what the final score is, we've proven we're better people than you. Disagree? Prove you're just as open-minded as we are and open up your forum, BT.

We're waiting.

• Pie 1

your wall of text illustrates everything (in it's own beautiful way), ya know, how illiterate you are when it comes down to football..

know why?   because you can't differentiate why Carroll killing it in his past 2 job offers has everything to do with his current situation...

how could I never have a legitimate discussion when you assume I'm exaggerating on a few legitimate truths?

it's only been since 2010..  you had one decent, well my bad, one average year...  yet seahawk fans claim they can overcome the 9ers?   lol okaay...

point is dude hasn't really done anything and I'm almost willing to bet Rivera has more cojones when it comes down to running an NFL franchise...

don't be mad though..  you stepped onto the wrong front porch and every one of you will get the same treatment..   At this point it's been a sad attempt, especially from RichardSherman25.. lol

I was hoping he was the real deal since he's belligerent enough to put that foot in his mouth...  I'm kind of mad, some Stanford graduate just got raked over coals...  

With the way you're thinking, it's like he's prone to improvement and adjustment though. It's been over 10 years since he's been in the NFL and while dominating the college ranks. Like those who argue how the Panthers aren't the same team from the beginning of last season to the beginning of this season, Pete Caroll isn't the same coach as he was 10 years ago. With your thinking it would be like it's safe to assume the Panthers are going to continue to bad cause they don't have a great track record(I just want to point out that's not what I think, it's just for the sake of arguement). It's also not like I'm pulling this out of no where, he's shown improvement in the NFL with his ability in the NFL with his roster churning that turned over a team into one of the most talented on paper(keep bringing this up), and his 2 playoff appearences and 2 wins.

Please don't compare me to a blatant troll like RichardSherman25, I'm actually here to discuss legitmate and reasonable football. I still don't understand why you continue to insult my opinion by calling me illiterate. When I was talking about your exagerations, I was refrencing your intended insult on the comparison of my opinion to another of your posters which isn't a matter of truth but opinion. I know I'm not a home town fan, but I was here having good intention and being as polite as could be knowing I'm in enemy territory. You say I'm drowning in my own opinion/POV, but to me it seems like your homer glasses are  blocking you from any outside opinion other than your own. I gave a realistic rebuttal in which you don't have to agree with, but don't insult me on a personal level, it makes you look like an huge ass.

Looks like we respect other fan's opinions more than your forum. A Panther fan started a thread there linking to a CBSSports article with the predicted winners of the games, and now the thread is gone and he's banned. In fact, can't really find ANY Panther posters in your bastion of open-mindedness and idea exchange where everyone's opinion is respected.

Your skin looks thin BT. You're gonna come here if you win and brag. As long as you don't taunt, you won't be banned. But if we win, I'll bet your forum will still be closed off to our boasting.  

No matter what the final score is, we've proven we're better people than you. Disagree? Prove you're just as open-minded as we are and open up your forum, BT.

We're waiting.

First off, what forum was it posted on? There's been plenty of panthers fans at the most popular seahawk board. That article was already posted too in the forum I'm thinking of, so if it was deleted, it was probably cause the thread was already there.There's plenty of Niners posters at the main seahawks board, don't think that opinions aren't welcomed. It's that there's been a rash of trolls or posters intending to start drama, so the forum is keen to those type of people. Mistakes happen, idk because I know for a fact that someone wouldn't get banned for just posting an article. I don't know if the poster said anything insighting any type of drama. The staff is kind and reasonable.

With the way you're thinking, it's like he's prone to improvement and adjustment though. It's been over 10 years since he's been in the NFL and while dominating the college ranks. Like those who argue how the Panthers aren't the same team from the beginning of last season to the beginning of this season, Pete Caroll isn't the same coach as he was 10 years ago. With your thinking it would be like it's safe to assume the Panthers are going to continue to bad cause they don't have a great track record(I just want to point out that's not what I think, it's just for the sake of arguement). It's also not like I'm pulling this out of no where, he's shown improvement in the NFL with his ability in the NFL with his roster churning that turned over a team into one of the most talented on paper(keep bringing this up), and his 2 playoff appearences and 2 wins.

Please don't compare me to a blatant troll like RichardSherman25, I'm actually here to discuss legitmate and reasonable football. I still don't understand why you continue to insult my opinion by calling me illiterate. When I was talking about your exagerations, I was refrencing your intended insult on the comparison of my opinion to another of your posters which isn't a matter of truth but opinion. I know I'm not a home town fan, but I was here having good intention and being as polite as could be knowing I'm in enemy territory. You say I'm drowning in my own opinion/POV, but to me it seems like your homer glasses are  blocking you from any outside opinion other than your own. I gave a realistic rebuttal in which you don't have to agree with, but don't insult me on a personal level, it makes you look like an huge ass.

my bad, I wont compare you to this douche Richard Sherman (25?)...  fact is we have the same first year OC who sucks balls but at least he is only in control of the offense..  Rivera, despite his bullshit, knows defense..  more than we can say about Caroll managing both sides of the ball...

so with that said, pretty sure Camolina comes away with a win over ESPN's favorite fanboy Robert Wilson...

We're waiting.

I don't have any authority over at Seahawks.net. I merely compose a weekly post of our upcoming week opponents message boards (for the last 13 years). But we do have a fairly strict anti-troll policy, which I imagine this board has as well. Trolls suck, and there is no reason to allow idiots like that to pollute our board. Come in peace and act, well, like I have here, and you are welcomed. And I can tell you right now, if we happened to win 50-0, you wouldn't see me here "boasting" about it, because by then it's history. It would be time to set my sights on the 9ers, no matter what happens on your field. I would never come back and rub it in because that's just not the way I roll, and that would make me a "troll"... something I detest. If you guys manage to beat us 50-0, you would probably get a "good game and congrats" from me. I'd lick my wounds, and then it would be on to the next game. Like I said, I come in peace.

• Pie 1

The site is Seahawks.net, both in the net nation fan forum and nfl nation forum. Guess us Southerners are just better at hospitality than y'all.

Easy way to prove it is to see how many Panther fans you have posting on your board on Sunday compared to how many Seahawk fans are posting here. Fans, not trolls.

Oh man. This forum is gonna be so entertaining on Monday, for us Seahawks fans that is. I'm not saying it's guaranteed that we'll win Sunday morning seeing as how we have a history of playing crappy on, for us, 10 am east coast games. I'm just assuming that we're good enough and deep enough this year to overcome that crap. The team that beat you on the road last year is not a good representation of what we are this year. We are much better, and you caught us when we hadn't put it all together yet, but we still pulled it off. I respect your Defense big-time, but I don't think your O is all that...Yet. If you guys put a decent "O" cast together for Cam and you will definitely be a team to watch out for! The homer in me says that we'll "squeak"  by you guys, hopefully with no injuries to either side, and come back home to face the Niners 1-0. I have first cousins and my aunt that live in Catawba NC (my mom was born and raised in Catawba, N.C.) that I love to give crap to when our teams play, So I'm aware of the vibe down there. My favorite first cousin didn't talk to me for a couple years after the 2005 NFCCG. LOL. I still feel bad about rubbing it in as much as I did. Looking back, that was kinda lame of me. Good luck guys, and may the best team, (us), win! Cheers!

And our coffee is delicious, damnit! (not to mention that is really weak smack)

interesting that you should mention that the game was before things started clicking. it kind of sounds like....ummm...like us. that game happened when chud had gone full retard with the offense and he strayed completely away from what had worked the year before. after our long time GM was fired a few weeks later the poo got real and rivera finally reigned in chud and forced him to manage the offense in according to what we knew worked and fit the strength of the players than him just showing off how creative he can be (cause it was obvious he was trying to get a HC job rather than win games). at that moment, the offense changed dramatically and things started clicking and what you had was an improved version of cam as a passer. so what you faced wasn't a good representation of what we are now.

we now have an upgraded corps of receivers. is it an elite group of studs? nope. but it's better than what we've had in a long time. smitty is moving to the slot. lafell is as reliable a reciver as you could want. we added hixon (proven to be good when healthy, which he is right now) and ginn (who is actually looking like a real receiver and finally has a QB that fits his strengths). also, a complete surprise to us, armanti edwards looks like a natural WR for the first time of his career.

and moving on to the defense....that was keek's first game in the middle. that was his first game running the show on the field. he was just in his infancy as the leader of this D. we had issues in the secondary and in the middle of the DLine. we were weak against the pass and the pass rush came from just our DEs. we were abysmal against the run (although we didn't do bad at all against lynch that game).

we now have another year in the system. we have upgrades in the secondary as godfrey has moved from SS to his more natural fit of FS and we now have quinton mikell at SS. our secondary gets it and are really helped up by a beefed up DL that totally collapses the pocket and forces throws from the QB into not so good situations and the DBs are becoming quite good at capitalizing on those forced bad throws. josh norman was a young pup with some potential, but in over his head when we faced you before. that wasn't a good representation of who josh norman is now. look up what he did in preseason and let me assure you, he's becoming the real deal.

the run D has also taken a step forward with the addition of star and the former packer and seahawk, colin cole (who isn't much against the pass, but has always done well against the run and who is now very healthy). the middle is clogged up and runners have to bounce outside where our stud LB corps of keek, beason, thomas davis, chase blackburn, and aj klein...or quinton mikell (very stout against the run) will pick them up.

speaking of kuechly, watch him against the ravens and watch that defense with him. the beefed up interior gives him and the rest of the LBs freedom to fly all over the place. keek is faster than most. he's stronger than most. he's probably the smartest person on the field. there's a reason that there is legit discussion going on around the league that he is quickly turning into not just one of the best, but the best Mike in the league. beason, before keek was drafted, said in an interview about the draft, forget RG3 and luck...the safest pick in that draft was luke kuechly. little did he know that he was talking up the guy who would replace him.

at any rate, what the new GM did this offseason was give him the personnel he needed to be free to be the elite player he's turning into. again, what you saw when we faced you guys before wasn't at all a good representation of what you'll be seeing on that field on sunday.

oh...and then there's this little thing that hasn't been discussed...special teams. we have ted ginn. we have a legit return guy. one of the best in the league. that's not what we had last year. what you saw in our return game was not a representation of what you saw last year. as a matter of fact, the special teams as a whole is not a good representation of what you saw last year. we fired that lame ST coach we had last year at that point got fired and we replaced him mid season with his assistant who proved to be an upgrade, but in the offseason the team hired bruce dehaven as his assistant. dehaven, if you aren't familiar with him, he's a STs legend in the league having coached some of the best squads for over 20 years. he's had a positive impact on coverage and return units. also, our punter has improved quite a but and the FG kicker we picked up last year has become incredibly reliable as well. the special teams you faced last year isn't a good representation of what they are now.

so pretty much, you may think that your team has improved since last year, esp. from when we played, which i don't doubt. what you may not realize, tho, is that this team has improved...and i feel very safe in assuming this...has improved more than seattle has. as a whole, the team you faced last year isn't a good representation of what you'll be facing on sunday. in fact i think this team is about to shock the league and few will have seen it coming.

• Pie 4

interesting that you should mention that the game was before things started clicking. it kind of sounds like....ummm...like us. that game happened when chud had gone full retard with the offense and he strayed completely away from what had worked the year before. after our long time GM was fired a few weeks later the poo got real and rivera finally reigned in chud and forced him to manage the offense in according to what we knew worked and fit the strength of the players than him just showing off how creative he can be (cause it was obvious he was trying to get a HC job rather than win games). at that moment, the offense changed dramatically and things started clicking and what you had was an improved version of cam as a passer. so what you faced wasn't a good representation of what we are now.

we now have an upgraded corps of receivers. is it an elite group of studs? nope. but it's better than what we've had in a long time. smitty is moving to the slot. lafell is as reliable a reciver as you could want. we added hixon (proven to be good when healthy, which he is right now) and ginn (who is actually looking like a real receiver and finally has a QB that fits his strengths). also, a complete surprise to us, armanti edwards looks like a natural WR for the first time of his career.

and moving on to the defense....that was keek's first game in the middle. that was his first game running the show on the field. he was just in his infancy as the leader of this D. we had issues in the secondary and in the middle of the DLine. we were weak against the pass and the pass rush came from just our DEs. we were abysmal against the run (although we didn't do bad at all against lynch that game).

we now have another year in the system. we have upgrades in the secondary as godfrey has moved from SS to his more natural fit of FS and we now have quinton mikell at SS. our secondary gets it and are really helped up by a beefed up DL that totally collapses the pocket and forces throws from the QB into not so good situations and the DBs are becoming quite good at capitalizing on those forced bad throws. josh norman was a young pup with some potential, but in over his head when we faced you before. that wasn't a good representation of who josh norman is now. look up what he did in preseason and let me assure you, he's becoming the real deal.

the run D has also taken a step forward with the addition of star and the former packer and seahawk, colin cole (who isn't much against the pass, but has always done well against the run and who is now very healthy). the middle is clogged up and runners have to bounce outside where our stud LB corps of keek, beason, thomas davis, chase blackburn, and aj klein...or quinton mikell (very stout against the run) will pick them up.

speaking of kuechly, watch him against the ravens and watch that defense with him. the beefed up interior gives him and the rest of the LBs freedom to fly all over the place. keek is faster than most. he's stronger than most. he's probably the smartest person on the field. there's a reason that there is legit discussion going on around the league that he is quickly turning into not just one of the best, but the best Mike in the league. beason, before keek was drafted, said in an interview about the draft, forget RG3 and luck...the safest pick in that draft was luke kuechly. little did he know that he was talking up the guy who would replace him.

at any rate, what the new GM did this offseason was give him the personnel he needed to be free to be the elite player he's turning into. again, what you saw when we faced you guys before wasn't at all a good representation of what you'll be seeing on that field on sunday.

oh...and then there's this little thing that hasn't been discussed...special teams. we have ted ginn. we have a legit return guy. one of the best in the league. that's not what we had last year. what you saw in our return game was not a representation of what you saw last year. as a matter of fact, the special teams as a whole is not a good representation of what you saw last year. we fired that lame ST coach we had last year at that point got fired and we replaced him mid season with his assistant who proved to be an upgrade, but in the offseason the team hired bruce dehaven as his assistant. dehaven, if you aren't familiar with him, he's a STs legend in the league having coached some of the best squads for over 20 years. he's had a positive impact on coverage and return units. also, our punter has improved quite a but and the FG kicker we picked up last year has become incredibly reliable as well. the special teams you faced last year isn't a good representation of what they are now.

so pretty much, you may think that your team has improved since last year, esp. from when we played, which i don't doubt. what you may not realize, tho, is that this team has improved...and i feel very safe in assuming this...has improved more than seattle has. as a whole, the team you faced last year isn't a good representation of what you'll be facing on sunday. in fact i think this team is about to shock the league and few will have seen it coming.

Pretty much /thread

The site is Seahawks.net, both in the net nation fan forum and nfl nation forum. Guess us Southerners are just better at hospitality than y'all.

Easy way to prove it is to see how many Panther fans you have posting on your board on Sunday compared to how many Seahawk fans are posting here. Fans, not trolls.

I mean there's fans that are there to just start an argument like "PantherFan" on the .NET. Check the thread BlueThunder created over there. Most of the replies to PanthersFan aren't attacks or insults, and generally "nice" considering the circumstances. (Btw, the thread doesn't have much post because the topic is just other fan forums, so the content is kind of random)

(I don't want to advertise another site, and feel free to take this down if it infringes the rules)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71648&start=40

Also I'm interested to know what your name was on there? People don't mind anyone's opinion as long as it's not inciting drama or argument, you have a right to think what you want to think, but if you're in "enemy territoty", expect to be a bit more humble about it and don't be ignorant.