• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive Line will have dominant year!

Who Said What?

After watching Russell Wilson run for his life and throw passes while taking hits on numerous occasions, I am super hype about our d-line this year.  Provided Alexander stays on the field for more than a series, it could be better than 2003. 

When we play teams that do not have mobile quarterbacks it will be even worse, because they won't be able to take off running after Monster Inc. dismantles their o-ines.  Think about how we eat up the Falcons line last year and Matty Lice just had to take the pounding.  Other than Buffalo and San Fran, we don't really play a mobile QB the rest of the regular season.

Thats just passing alone.  Look how well we have played the run in the Pre-season and week one.  We only gave up 43 yds rushing to Lynch yesterday.  This line is going to be feared come mid season and should be together for at least four seasons if we extend Hardy.

This is something I will look forward to every defensive series.

I admit it.  There have been times when I have just fast forwarded through our defensive possessions (I usually watch the game about 30 minutes behind real time to fast forwards commercials).

But this year I actually have been looking forward to watching our defense.

Guys like Wilson, Kaep, and Manuel might give us some fits because of their mobility and ability to extend plays.  With any secondary that is tough to cover, with our secondary it will be even worse.

But those statue QBs, I really like our ability to destroy them.

Archived