• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ndamukong Suh issued record NFL fine - $100,000

TheRed

yes what matthews did was a million times worse and more likely to injure someone. like I said, it was a legal hit before that game. I mean just admit that it's because his name is Suh because that's the only way it makes sense to me.

fug yea its because its suh and he dove at the guys knee.

fug that guy, i don't know why you are defending him.

lowblow.gif

lmao what a dick

yes what matthews did was a million times worse and more likely to injure someone. like I said, it was a legal hit before that game. I mean just admit that it's because his name is Suh because that's the only way it makes sense to me.

a million times worse? christ man are you out of your mind? they're not even in the same category, not even in the same univer-

wait you're trolling arent you

I think almost everyone with eyes would say that yes, what Matthews did was much worse. You're focusing too much on the number million. If you look at both examples with no names then it's obvious.

It's one of the worst offenses in football other than extracurricular stuff that can vary (which came afterwards too but anyway).

1. He hit a QB late, the most protected position

2. Launched himself with intent, not good especially when he's going out

3. Clothe lined himfrom behind. About the only thing that he could have done to make it worse is maybe a helmet to helmet hit.

Vs a low block penalty, a routine play for all of football's history.

But I'm the one trolling so at least you have that out.

I just don't agree SZ.  I think the chance of a season ending (or possibly career ending) injury is much higher on a hit like Suh's.

Matthews was a blatant foul, Kaep was going out of bounds and it was unnecessary, and he should be fined for it.   Suh's hit was downright dirty.   Suh could've easily blocked the guy above the hip but chose to dive at his knees.  I said earlier that it was borderline... I've watched it a few more times and the block itself was fine... it was the fact that he went low for no reason.

1. If it was any other lineman not named Suh, this is a non-story.

2. If he would have stayed upright and hit the guy, it would have drawn a flag for a block in the back.

Blocks very similar to this occur on nearly every kickoff and punt when there's a very shallow angle to take at an opposing player.

Does Suh have a history? Yes.

Does Suh also have a referee target on his back? Yes.

Does Suh have someone watching virtually every move he makes on the field and is, therefore, likely to get more flags and fines because of this scrutiny? Yes.

Does Suh probably get held more than any defensive line player in the league without getting a call because of his history? Likely yes.

Unfortunately, the guy is an immense talent who will likely have a pretty short career simply because all the flags and fines will render him basically useless as a D-lineman.

1. If it was any other lineman not named Suh, this is a non-story.

2. If he would have stayed upright and hit the guy, it would have drawn a flag for a block in the back.

Blocks very similar to this occur on nearly every kickoff and punt when there's a very shallow angle to take at an opposing player.

Does Suh have a history? Yes.

Does Suh also have a referee target on his back? Yes.

Does Suh have someone watching virtually every move he makes on the field and is, therefore, likely to get more flags and fines because of this scrutiny? Yes.

Does Suh probably get held more than any defensive line player in the league without getting a call because of his history? Likely yes.

Unfortunately, the guy is an immense talent who will likely have a pretty short career simply because all the flags and fines will render him basically useless as a D-lineman.

Yeah this is what I'm afraid of. I think the message Goodell is sending is that if he gets penalized for 15 yards just expect the book to be thrown at him. I'm not sure if it will affect his play negatively but I don't want there to be a trend of making players hesitant to make a play in the backfield because of how the NFL has you under the microscope.

Archived