• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Giants game Rivera's last stand?

PantherAZ

I'm not up to speed on Charlotte sports talk radio, but I put on (the drive, maybe?) on radio.com today. One of the hosts (I don't know how credible they are) said a source in the organization had told him that if we lose on Thursday, Ron will not be coach on Monday. Has anyone heard anything like that?

I'm not one to hope for a loss for any reason, but if this is true, I'm finding it difficult to hope they win. I'm terrified of a late season winning streak after we're out of play off contention saving his job. I'll find it difficult until kick off on Sunday. Then I'll be right back in front of my tv yelling like a maniac while my wife gives me odd looks.

Thoughts?

While I think RR is not a great HC, maybe a good DC....I can not wish for my panthers to lose....I still think we have a good shot at this season...win this game and we're 1-2...then string together some wins...AZ, Rams, Vikings, Bucs....hell we're 5-2 or 4-3 with a realistic one loss during that stretch....it could happen....KEEP POUNDING!!!!

I'm not up to speed on Charlotte sports talk radio, but I put on (the drive, maybe?) on radio.com today. One of the hosts (I don't know how credible they are) said a source in the organization had told him that if we lose on Thursday, Ron will not be coach on Monday. Has anyone heard anything like that?

I'm not one to hope for a loss for any reason, but if this is true, I'm finding it difficult to hope they win. I'm terrified of a late season winning streak after we're out of play off contention saving his job. I'll find it difficult until kick off on Sunday. Then I'll be right back in front of my tv yelling like a maniac while my wife gives me odd looks.

Thoughts?

We play Thursday???

Nope. I've been around long enough to know our franchise shows no mercy to its fans. They will drag us kicking and screaming all the way past the mid point of the season with various reports of the temperature of RR seat. As the trigger is set to be pulled we win 2 or 3 straight, halting the process only to be blown out the last 2 games. Rivera will unceremoniously be fired on black Monday, fans will scream "finally!!!"and then the next never heard of him coach will show up and dick us all.

Archived