• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First 8 possessions, 5 TDs, 1 FG

teeray

There have been a few that have said that our defense won this game. And the defense was amazing no doubt and I don't want to take anything at all away from them. Not even a little. They were fantastic.

But our offense overall was also spectacular. The INT somewhat diminishes what was overall a great performance.

Officially we had 11 possessions but out of the last 3, 2 were milk the clock possessions (one of which we could have kicked a field goal but didn't) and one was a kneel down.

So really only 8 real possessions. We scored TDs on 5 of them and a FG on another. Our shortest TD drive was 38 yards which was off the interception.

The other 4 TD drives we all drives that were 59 yards or more. Just awesome numbers. And awesome efficiency.

I guess my point is that the defense didn't win this game, the offense didn't win this game, they just both played amazing football.

A great, great team win.

Now let's hope some of that play carries over to our next 4 incredibly important games.

We did well but against a bad Giants team. A few more wins especially on the road and I'm a believer.

This is the NFL. If you beat anyone 38-0 you have accomplished something. Especially against a two time Super Bowl winning QB.

But I will agree that it is likely that no other game will be this easy.

This is the NFL. If you beat anyone 38-0 you have accomplished something. Especially against a two time Super Bowl winning QB.

But I will agree that it is likely that no other game will be this easy.

You know what, had we beat Seattle and Bills and now put this 38-0 burger on the giants, we would be ranking top 5 in many polls. Lets keep up this performance, stay aggressive and close out games.

You know what, had we beat Seattle and Bills and now put this 38-0 burger on the giants, we would be ranking top 5 in many polls. Lets keep up this performance, stay aggressive and close out games.

I have said this way too many times these last two seasons, but damn I wish we could get that Buffalo game back.

That was such an important game based on our schedule, and to lose it like that.... fug.

We beat Seattle and Buffalo and do this?

We're not just ranked top 5.

We're ranked #1.

Look where Seattle is.

Basically two plays are the difference between this team being the talk of the town and 1-2.

We can make the playoffs.  I am very glad that the offense proved me wrong this week.  This was a complete team game, the nature of which I don't know we've seen under Rivera before.

Offense and defense played great. Now if we can only get that week in and week out.

Something that has gotten lost in this victory though is that our special teams is still a liability.

So we had bad luck and a shanked punt skipped off one of our return game blockers.....poo happens to every team, regardless of the morons that claim it only happens to us. The punt only went 26 yards, no one's expecting that poo to drop down right there and Brockel was engaged with his man. 

Nortman boomed a punt like 80 fuging yards in the air and his other was pretty good as well. 

Gano kicked every kickoff through the endzone and drilled a 53 yarder that would have been good from 60......

so excuse me if I don't see the problem this week. 

The reality is that outside of two bullshit penalties (the second one was legit, I suppose) against Smith for going out of bounds and another snake bitten return game blocker having a ball hit him, our special teams has been pretty fuging good. 

So we had bad luck and a shanked punt skipped off one of our return game blockers.....poo happens to every team, regardless of the morons that claim it only happens to us. The punt only went 26 yards, no one's expecting that poo to drop down right there and Brockel was engaged with his man.

Nortman boomed a punt like 80 fuging yards in the air and his other was pretty good as well.

Gano kicked every kickoff through the endzone and drilled a 53 yarder that would have been good from 60......

so excuse me if I don't see the problem this week.

The reality is that outside of two bullshit penalties (the second one was legit, I suppose) against Smith for going out of bounds and another snake bitten return game blocker having a ball hit him, our special teams has been pretty fuging good.

That exact problem with the ball bouncing off one of our gunners has happened in two games and even happened in preseason. Nortman and Ginn are fine. It's costly mental errors from the other guys. It can't be ignored.

That exact problem with the ball bouncing off of one of our gunners has happened in two games and even happened in preseason. Nortman and Ginn are fine. It's costly mental errors from the other guys. It can't be ignored.

Just bad luck honestly, and they aren't gunners. Gunners are on your punt team, not your punt return team. The first time it happened was on our guy blocking their gunner, but today that wasn't the case - Brockel was an up-field blocker.

I don't see the problem like you do. Those blockers can't be looking up for the ball and risking whiffing on blocks, especially only 25 yards down field, if you want to have a successful return game. Now, granted, the sideline and returner should be yelling "SHANK" or "SHORT" or whatever word they use, to alert the blockers to a short kick but not everyone can hear that, especially when they are like 20 yards away. 

Archived