• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HEY CARSON

There is no way that was a penalty. The penalty call on the field wasn't a real penalty.. It was  "hit on a defenseless player". I've seen defenseless receivers; never a defensless QB. I don't know how a Qb holding a ball for 6 seconds and rolling outside of the pocket could ever be defenseless.

Edit: We should get a good view of it next week when Hardy racks up another three sacks.

So per these new rules, what are you supposed to do with your head when you're reaching out to tackle someone? 

HAVENT U SEEN THE PLAYFUL COMMERCIALS TEACHING HEADS UP TACKLING TO KIDS!?  It makes it so you can never ever force a fumble because your not using ur head to punch the ball out.  It's absurdly difficult to actually wrap up because you're expected to keep your head and shoulders higher up than the ball carriers.  Because of previously said fact, it's pretty damn easy for the ball carrier's helmet to smash directly into ur chin strap, potentially causing serious whiplash.  Oh not to mention because of the new rule changes to quarterbacks, if ur helmet even BRUSHES a QBs helmet while performing said "heads up" tackle you get flagged 15 yards for it.  YAY!

I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer was tentative as fug when we play against them.  You know he remembers that hit, probably thinking "Damn, I got play against that son of a bitch that ended my season last year again already?"  He's going to be looking to get rid of that ball quick, so the secondary needs to come to play.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't eject Hardy from the game for murder.  I really thought he killed Carson Palmer with that hit.

Archived