• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panther's Fanbase

Lloyd Christmas

Do they really appreciate what they have?

I'm not sure.

I have been afforded the time to be able to watch several football games this weekend. Both on the collegiate and professional levels. And one thing was apparent, which has always been, a team cannot be consistently successful without a franchise quarterback.

Sure there are the outliers.  Doug Williams, Brad Johnston and Trent Dilfer. Hell, even our own Jake Delhomme. Almost any QB can get hot and lead his team to victory. Speaking of Jake, I really don't understand all the hatred he gets here. Like most who post here, for the last 2+ years of Jake's tenure, I literally expected him to throw an interception every time he dropped back to pass. But from 2003 until 2008, I literally had an expectation to win. For five years afterwords, the expectation was non-existent. So give Jake some credit. Was he an all time great? Of course not. But he is a good person and he was a hell of a leader.

Back from tangent.

Since 2008, the expectation to win has been no greater than it is now. And ain't you glad we have got a QB and team that makes it possible to believe we may win every week?

Please don't forget, we could be the Jaguars.  

Sorry but what have you seen over the past four seasons that gives you an expectation to win? We haven't had a winning season since 2008. I think Rivera will be gone by the end of the season at the latest. Hopefully we can make a good hire going in to 2014 so we can start winning consistently. Then I will expect to win, but I need proof and substance first. Flame away homers.

Sorry but what have you seen over the past four seasons that gives you an expectation to win? We haven't had a winning season since 2008. I think Rivera will be gone by the end of the season at the latest. Hopefully we can make a good hire going in to 2014 so we can start winning consistently. Then I will expect to win, but I need proof and substance first. Flame away homers.

You misread my post. I meant we haven't had a reason to expect to win SINCE 2008. Until now. 

Archived