• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official 2014 Head Coaching Search / Candidate Thread

Dash Global

kevin sumlin

If Shaw will not budge from Stanford than I want this. 

HC Summlin (Texas A&M HC)

OC Montgomery (Baylor OC)

DC Mcdermott (Panthers DC)

I would have a ragging hard on with that staff. 

If Cam cant become a franchise QB with Summlin and Montgomery than he never will. 

How today Rivera's fault?

Need I remind people that this stink fest is coming off our bye week?  We had 2 weeks to game plan for the Cardinals.

Its almost like someone in the organization is inept at preparing our team to play football......... 

And those half-time adjustments we made, you know, to combat the things they were doing to us on offense.........

Did I mention all the penalties yet?

Shaw is obviously the dream. Greg Roman is still a nice candidate. There's an abundance to choose from this year.

I've seen some terrible play calling from Roman this year. Let's see how teams adjust to his scheme and then how he adjusts to that before we even consider him.

How today Rivera's fault?

He's the head football coach, that's why. This team is HIS responsibility. He's the be all, end all of every single decision that happens on the field.

Bad playcalling? His fault. Dropped passes? His fault. Penalties? His fault. Loss in a close game? His fault. This team is his gain and his loss.

He's the boss. It's like ANYTHING else. If something is broken, it's his job to fix it himself or locate a person or course of action to fix it. That's the job description of the boss.

It's his staff, his team, his players, everything that happens between the lines belongs to him.

If someone goes on the field with their shoes untied, it's his fault.

He isn't doing his job. This team is undisciplined, and it's his fault. This team also doesn't execute, and it's his fault.

He needs to go, and he needs to go now. I've been in his corner, but HE NEEDS TO GO.

I've seen some terrible play calling from Roman this year. Let's see how teams adjust to his scheme and then how he adjusts to that before we even consider him.

I dont want Roman. He is wetting the bed this year. Wouldnt classify him as an offensive guru. 

Ill say it agin

HC Summlin (Texas A&M HC)

OC Montgomery (Baylor OC)

DC Mcdermott (Panthers DC)

You know how many coaches have said they are not leaving? 

Most everyone has a price. 

I dont see why he wouldnt or cant. Defense has played great this year. 

He signed a high-paying, long term extension at the end of last season.  He's making plenty of money, and he's in his dream job.

Read his own comments.  He's been approached by NFL teams already and has told them he's not interested.  He's also made clear that his wife has zero interest in moving Palo Alto.

Need I remind people that this stink fest is coming off our bye week?  We had 2 weeks to game plan for the Cardinals.

Its almost like someone in the organization is inept at preparing our team to play football......... 

And those half-time adjustments we made, you know, to combat the things they were doing to us on offense.........

Did I mention all the penalties yet?

So blame Rivera because the O-Line couldn't pass block in the second half, blame Rivera for Smith dropping a TD pass, Blame Rivera for LaFell dropping a sure catch on 4th and 1.

Damn, the man can only do so much, it's up to the players to be prepared as well. It takes two to tango. This loss is on the players on offense, not Rivera.

He signed a high-paying, long term extension at the end of last season.  He's making plenty of money, and he's in his dream job.

Read his own comments.  He's been approached by NFL teams already and has told them he's not interested.  He's also made clear that his wife has zero interest in moving Palo Alto.

Your right, I dont expect Shaw to leave. Only chance he would consider it is if you made him a ridiculous offer (ie highest paid coach in football) Even then he might not consider it. 

Summlin is a different story though. 

If your doing it right you hire a HC and let him pick his staff... one thing is clear to me: Rivera needs to go.

Fug that. I dont see the logic in that. 

You hire a HC for managerial, leadership, and motivational purposes. 

You need offensive and defensive coordinators to call the plays. 

In which case why leave it to your HC to make that decision when you as a GM and owner are more than capable of determining who are the best playcallers in football? 

Head coaches many times than not hire their buddies or past associates that many times are not the best man for the job going off resume. 

Your right, I dont expect Shaw to leave. Only chance he would consider it is if you made him a ridiculous offer (ie highest paid coach in football) Even then he might not consider it. 

Summlin is a different story though. 

A guy who's only been a college head coach for six years, never coached a single play in the pros, and didn't look like anything super special before his current star QB came along?  No thanks.

So blame Rivera because the O-Line couldn't pass block in the second half, blame Rivera for Smith dropping a TD pass, Blame Rivera for LaFell dropping a sure catch on 4th and 1.

Damn, the man can only do so much, it's up to the players to be prepared as well. It takes two to tango. This loss is on the players on offense, not Rivera.

How many games does this have to happen before we realize that it isn't on the players?   How many different players are we going to cycle through before we realize they are not getting coached properly.  That the game plan isn't there.  That the team doesn't make any half-time adjustments.  That the coach constantly plays people out of position and doesn't maximize anyones' potential? 

We simply get out-coached week in and week out.  Our gameplan/creativity is laughable.

We have a run capable QB and you run the wildcat?  That is just stupid.

Archived