• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

newton presser

we cut hangman and then what did we replace him with?

and then we lost kug and then what did we replace him with?

and then we lost ...ah...that other guy and what did we replace him with?

and then we just lost silatolu and what did we replace him with?

gettleman is losing me on the handling of the OL.

it's utter crap the way it's been built, imo.

piecemealed together with whatever random fat guy we have on the practice squad.

meh...and we wonder why the offense isn't working. it's a wall of playing cards being held together with scotch tape and we are running an offense that is built around the run and passing routes that take 5 seconds to develop.

next summer they have to do stuff a whole lot differently. i'm counting this year as just another in a long line of patterns on how not to build and manage an OL to add to our extensive catalogue of encyclopedias on "how NOT to manage a football team".

next summer have the starting 5 set at mini camp and bring in another 10-15 for depth competition and keep the 6 best/healthiest.

this year i wouldn't object to going max protect from here on. if shula isn't going to adjust to a faster offense that gets the ball out quicker, then we have got to protect that pocket more.

I tried to tell you guys the fat man wasnt about helping this team win.

Going into this season with that OL was a glaring sign of how he wanted things to play out. RR would only keep his job if guys outperformed what he knew they were. He knew what we wanted to do on O....was no secret

Did you mean

He was magnificent.....until his WRs killed the momentum.

It's so focking annoying. When I tuned into the game, Cam had a passer rating of 113. Crucial simple catches, these bums could not make, meanwhile you see TY Hilton stretching out to haul in a bad throw from Luck for a big gain.

I still don't get our offense, I mean with all the blitzing in the second half, I am sure there were several plays that could have been called. We just kept calling long developing plays. WTF?

Wow it only took 5 weeks into the season to recognize that we need to up the tempo because that's the only time we have success.

Of course by that I'm sure they mean get to the line faster or some stupid thing and not the tempo of the actual plays.

Nice observation and insight.   The offense has played well especially Cam at the end of the half of all ot this year's games.  I am glad someone else saw that besides me.  It doesn't have to be Chip Kelly tempo, but that super slow temo like the first quarter of the bills game is unacceptable.  I do not know why, but Cam is lights out during this time.  I would think a guy that can't read defenses and has mental defeciencies would play so well having to react quickly.  Long story short, a faster tempo would be a welcome change.

I am 100% sure that we will not see this "faster tempo" on Sunday.

Nope.  We'll see Cam run out wide and DeAngelo take the wildcat snap and run two yards into a pile of linemen, then we will all know how it will play out.

I wonder if Shula has his dad on FaceTime during games. Maybe that's why it takes so long to get plays in.

"Dad, 2 and 7, what should I call?"

*buffering*

"Dad?"

*buffering*

"Dad? Playclock is running!"

*buffering*

This is the most logical explanation to date.

Maybe Jerry needs to spend the money to upgrade the wifis?

If someone was open he could get the ball out. Look at where the routes are. Where is the check down? You have to design plays that compensate for your oline. People say Cam needs to get the ball out quicker while sitting at home on their coach then bitch when he throws it to the other team.

Exactly.  In that picture for example, look at it and imagine if instead of the back blocking, he was out in the flat to the right.  He'd be wide open with downfield blockers to make a play for the first down marker.

You mean the 8th best O-line in the league according to PFF?

Do I have to say this 9000 times? It's not either Cam sucks or Cam is a god. There's an in-between. Please stop acting like he is immune to any and all criticism. He has good days and bad days, good moments and bad moments. To criticize his play on one given Sunday does not mean I'm hopping on a bandwagon to railroad Cam out of town.

8th best based on positive grades from Mr Reliable Jordan Gross and a hugely improved Amini (who we no longer have) heavily boosting our average.  An oline is only as strong as it's weakest link, if one guy can't cut it and doesn't get his job done the entire play crumbles.  It doesn't take statistics to see our oline is complete trash.  Watch some other teams side by side with the Panthers and you'll see a tremendous difference.  Even though the majority of the line usually does it's job, I've never seen a QB that has to make such dramatic movements in the pocket so early in the play call just to keep the play alive as Cam is forced to.  When I say dramatic I mean it's not a simple step up or sidestep, he usually has to straight up juke a guy out.  This is mostly due to Cam getting pressured so often from the inside rather than the edges and its pretty rare to see him get a true pocket.

I'm really surprised that so few people see this as a huge problem.  Look at the first half of the Arizona game, Cam was absolutely on point with all of his passes and put up 214 (i think?) yards.  Then Zona made some adjustments and the pressure came and Cam started playing like poo.  Even if you make the argument that he should be getting the ball out quicker to the non existent check downs and run some non called screens, draws and qb designed runs we still drafted Cam to be our franchise quarterback and when you do that you have to build AROUND that quarterback's skill set.  Maybe Cam is a QB who absolutely requires incredible protection to be successful, and there are MANY HOF QBs who were like that.  Who have we brought in since he has been here on offense?  Nobody.  We have not acquired a single starting calibre offensive player since drafting Cam Newton, not one.

Archived