• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greatest Horror Movie Franchise of all time

Dpantherman

Greatest horror movie franchise  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greatest horror movie franchise of all time?

• Halloween
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • Friday the 13th
    • Pyscho
    • Child's Play
    • Night of the Living Dead
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • The Excorcist
    • Saw
    • Paranormal Activity
    • Pie
    • Boobs

I chose Saw because of the concept of a guy who exploits the general nastyness of human behavior and forces people to use their own flaws as weapons against themselves, to me at least, is a better concept of the general slasher type stuff. It was a clever thing to do, and the contraptions/Macguyver-esque nature of the devices were pretty interesting. Granted, it is more gore than horror, I just felt like it is the best series of the bunch.

NoES is pretty good too, making people afraid to go to sleep and all that jazz.

That said, I don't find any movie "scary" or whatever.

The only horror movie that's really scared me is the Exorcist, but I agree.  The concept of Saw was brilliant

I love the original Scream, but having paid to see Scream 4 (Don't ask me why), I DQ'd them. It was basically a comedy, just brutal.

To me, the only scary thing in Scream was the opening scene of the first movie, which was an awesome scene. After that, like you said it was more funny than scary. But they were entertaining, although I haven't seen 4 yet (that was the last one right?)

To me, the only scary thing in Scream was the opening scene of the first movie, which was an awesome scene. After that, like you said it was more funny than scary. But they were entertaining, although I haven't seen 4 yet (that was the last one right?)

Yes. 4 is the latest one, and I think there will be a 5.  You can tell they are deliberately putting humor in there, but it was extra cheesy.  I did enjoy the nostalgia of seeing the cast back, but it all fell kind of flat with me.

I chose Saw because of the concept of a guy who exploits the general nastyness of human behavior and forces people to use their own flaws as weapons against themselves, to me at least, is a better concept of the general slasher type stuff. It was a clever thing to do, and the contraptions/Macguyver-esque nature of the devices were pretty interesting. Granted, it is more gore than horror, I just felt like it is the best series of the bunch.

I agree with that re: the original.

After that. It devolved into "hey what cool thing can we come up with to kill people" and as such became infinitely less interesting.

Pretty much the same thing happened to Nightmare on Elm Street. When the special effects become more important than plot and acting, all is lost.

Archived