• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

chknwing

Kinda stings a little...

But when it's all said and done, he'll get a one day contract to retire a Panther. This statement is business only. The Panthers organization is a family. And Beason loves it. There's a reason Steve Smith has stayed around so long, when he clearly could have made more money with more popularity, and maybe even a superbowl elsewhere.

I'm not so sure.

I've begun to think you really does have some hard feelings towards the organization.

You can rightly say that any team would have chosen Luke as a starter, but I doubt Beason would completely accept that (few competitors would).

And when you get right down to it, the team didn't have to draft Luke in the first place, did they?

I am also of the mindset that he was mad we drafted Kuechly and then moved him outside.  He should have no reason to jab us for anything..  We paid him for almost 3 years when he did nothing and it was a huge amount of money.  Honestly he should be grateful and is somewhat snarky instead.  Just shows you how entitled and spoiled these athletes are.

Happy for the guy, sad he is not out there for us but I like the guy and he's a ball player. He wants to go out there and win every down. Giants should be lucky, they will have this guy for a while. Hes a beast no doubt about it regardless of age, he has a few more years in the tank.

I remember when he held out when we drafted him.  I always got the notion that he wasn't wedded to the Panthers despite what he said over the years.  We stuck with him for years of non-production and paid him tens of millions for nothing. And this is what we get???

I, distinctively, remember you defending him when i was bashing him.. and his contract...... 

I'm not so sure.

I've begun to think you really does have some hard feelings towards the organization.

You can rightly say that any team would have chosen Luke as a starter, but I doubt Beason would completely accept that (few competitors would).

And when you get right down to it, the team didn't have to draft Luke in the first place, did they?

It does seem like he's been taking little shots at Carolina. He's not going to come out and say anything because he still has a lot of buddies here. Remember when we drafted Luke it was clear he wasn't happy and said that he would only play in the middle. This team gave him every opportunity. They stuck him out there even when it was hurting the team.

People say they don't mind him saying it, but how would you feel of Luke said it on another team 6 years from now.

I, distinctively, remember you defending him when i was bashing him.. and his contract...... 

I am saying that he was about himself not the team from day 1.  If you remember I was the first one that came on here  years ago and told you and everyone else that the Achilles injury would be difficult to recover from and he likely would never be the same based on an NFL study done over a number of years measuring outcomes of Achilles surgery. Particularly as a linebacker.  Exactly what did I defend him about??

I am saying that he was about himself not the team from day 1.  If you remember I was the first one that came on here  years ago and told you and everyone else that the Achilles injury would be difficult to recover from and he likely would never be the same based on an NFL study done over a number of years measuring outcomes of Achilles surgery. Particularly as a linebacker.  Exactly what did I defend him about??

pre injury... when he was still healthy... I always thought he was over-rated.. and didn't think he deserved the contract that he got.

Yes, a 2 time All-Pro linebacker was over-rated. Please share with us more of your football knowledge.

he wasn't too good then... now look at him.... scrubbin keeks cleets 

I, FOR ONE, KNEW IT WAS NOT WORTH THE INVESTMENT... INVEST YOUR FUTURE WITH ME!

Archived