• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which car should I buy? Nissan Rogue or Ford Escape?

Cat

So I've got to get a new car. We have a small family but we are pretty active with skiing and biking so I'd like a small SUV. 

I've narrowed it down to the 2012 Nissan Rogue because of it's reliability rating but I really like the look of the 2012 Ford Escape. It doesn't look like a jelly bean like all the other SUVs. I like the straight lines and the layout of the inside.  However it seems per consumer reports the Escape has a history of minor transmission issues and that concerns me considering the reason I'm getting  a new car is because my Toyota's transmission has gone out for the 2nd time.

Idk much about Fords. I'm worried I'll get it and end up in the repair shop.  Any advice? Any experience with Fords?

I know it's irrational but since I had so many problems with my highlander I'm staying way from Toyota.

Oh really? My wife got Venza and we love it. No issues so far. My dad used to have Nissan back in the day... That puppy ran to almost 300,000 miles. I never had a good experience with Ford.

Ford Expedition (mine): blown/cracked head at 60k miles... right out of warranty of course. Had every maintenance record from the day I bought it and Ford would not stand behind it. Sold it as soon as it was repaired.

Ford Escape (friend's): electrical issues, transmission issues, still under warranty and a continual battle with the dealership to repair it.

Infiniti G (wife's): just a juicier version of a Nissan. 7 years old and runs like a top. Interior leather is crap and looks 20 years old, but mechanically and outside appearance are great.

Look at the Nissan Murano also....

Look at a preowned lexus rx350. You can get one that is 2 years old for around the same price as a new escape or rogue

Great car.

I am looking at a used GX for the fiance when she wants to get rid of her Tahoe.

Damn thing has 225K on it and is still ticking though.

Great car.

I am looking at a used GX for the fiance when she wants to get rid of her Tahoe.

Damn thing has 225K on it and is still ticking though.

My wife has the rx 350 and we bought it preowned and it drives better than most new cars. The price was what these new lower end crossovers are fetching

Archived