• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers

Darth Biscuit

You wont get no argument from me on him playing half a game or not showing up. His stats was padded against awful olines.  I argued when he was here he wasn't worth all the money given to him.  But on the flip side give him a vets min and he would be a good 3rd down DE. 

Nah, I don´t want to argue either. I am just so mad when a player holds out or plays lame for extra, due to money demands or if he wants out or whatever. That showes poor character and unsportsmanlikness - both I don´t want on our roster. I want to cheer for the good, quality, character guys, guys who care like Olsen, DWill, Luke, TD-Mike and, of course, all time favourite Smitty... ;-).

Nah, I don´t want to argue either. I am just so mad when a player holds out or plays lame for extra, due to money demands or if he wants out or whatever. That showes poor character and unsportsmanlikness - both I don´t want on our roster. I want to cheer for the good, quality, character guys, guys who care like Olsen, DWill, Luke, TD-Mike and, of course, all time favourite Smitty... ;-).

Peppers turned down the big money here....he wasn't holding out for it.  He wanted out of the poo sandwich that was about to go down and the pressure to be someone he wasn't.

Can someone please explain to me the big deal about him leaving. Of course we missed his talent, but I felt like im the only one who didnt have any bad feelings for him personally for leaving

He did us dirty. I burned his jersey.

Give him the vet minimum and a new number and I won't care but that guy left us in the dust.

Hardy and CJ make me laugh at Peppers.

He did us dirty. I burned his jersey.

Give him the vet minimum and a new number and I won't care but that guy left us in the dust.

Hardy and CJ make me laugh at Peppers.

Lol thats what im talking about. All i remember from him leaving were people talking about how he "did us dirty" by not wanting to re-new a contract and being asked in an interview "what do you want?" And him responding something along the lines of "I want whats best for me and the panthers organization." Then everyone jumping down his throat that he didnt do "whats best for the panthers organization." Who cares? Did anyone really expect otherwise? Players say that poo all the time. Its not even a thought anymore, it just instinctively comes out of athletes mouth's. Pep was just a weird, quiet, shy, somewhat-strange dude. He wanted off this team cuz we were a sinking ship and he was completely right. I dont know, maybe theres something im not remembering, I just really didnt see the big deal

Edit: and by the "quiet, shy...." part, i just meant that its not like he was going to announce to the world that "Ladies and gentlemen, i'm going to be holding my own press conference regarding my future, then ESPN will do an hour show based around where i go..." Thats not his style. U could tell hes just a shy "non-attention" seeking guy. He just said whatever he thought was right at the time and just went with it. Im perfectly fine with a grown man changing jobs without a justification. He didnt owe me anything

-Was

-Back then

-In history

-Had great seasons

Common theme here?

Peppers always had motivation issues now couple that with physical regression...he just is a bull rush one trick pony. Just not as Bullish and he is a basketball player at heart(from NC!)

Defense is mostly a young mans game....of couse if Hardy moves on... But bridges are burnt here.

Lol thats what im talking about. All i remember from him leaving were people talking about how he "did us dirty" by not wanting to re-new a contract and being asked in an interview "what do you want?" And him responding something along the lines of "I want whats best for me and the panthers organization." Then everyone jumping down his throat that he didnt do "whats best for the panthers organization." Who cares? Did anyone really expect otherwise? Players say that poo all the time. Its not even a thought anymore, it just instinctively comes out of athletes mouth's. Pep was just a weird, quiet, shy, somewhat-strange dude. He wanted off this team cuz we were a sinking ship and he was completely right. I dont know, maybe theres something im not remembering, I just really didnt see the big deal

Dude when a franchise cornerstone does something like that its never cool. Never, ever.

I'm glad he jumped on another sinking ship though, and now deep down inside would love for us to save his ass and be a part of this.

Sucks to suck.

bring him back (if he wants to come) on a realistic deal as a backup

when Hardy is tagged, he'll give the FO a tiny bit more leverage as he'll be viewed as a possible stop-gap in the event we'd be forced to let Hardy walk

at the same time, the FO should match anything Pep offers to Alexander for the #90... make him take another # to let him know his place in the franchise

Archived