• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers

Darth Biscuit

For those of you ready to enshrine Peppers in the HOF, are you also ready to enshrine Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen and Jason Taylor? All have about the same stats in the same era. They are equally deserving.

The HOF is a very exclusive club. Every great player isn't going to get in. You have to be a generational talent like Reggie White. There are only about 15 to 18 DE's all-time in the HOF. The most recent is Bruce Smith. Strahan has a decent shot in the next few years (it doesn't hurt that he played in a major market).

Do you guys really think Peppers has been the equal of Reggie White, Bruce Smith, or even Michael Strahan?

Just looked at his current stats. Yikes. Certainly looks like the Panthers made the right choice by not breaking the bank for him. 

I remember his first year w/ the Bears and they went to the NFCC game. Dude didn't show up. Had a big year and some big games and vanished during the time he was needed most. The only time I remember his name being called was when he received a 15 yard personal foul that helped GB win the game. 

I was done with him (aside from the fact he was leaving the Panthers) after I heard his press conference when it was announced he was joining the Bears. He made it sound like he was the victim and wanted to stay in Charlotte and that we were only a couple million apart on a contract. LOL. Not to mention the guy is not a leader. He isn't missed. 

For those of you ready to enshrine Peppers in the HOF, are you also ready to enshrine Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen and Jason Taylor? All have about the same stats in the same era. They are equally deserving.

The HOF is a very exclusive club. Every great player isn't going to get in. You have to be a generational talent like Reggie White. There are only about 15 to 18 DE's all-time in the HOF. The most recent is Bruce Smith. Strahan has a decent shot in the next few years (it doesn't hurt that he played in a major market).

Do you guys really think Peppers has been the equal of Reggie White, Bruce Smith, or even Michael Strahan?

Yes agree w/ this post. 

Out of Freeney, Peppers, Taylor, Allen (surprised to see you left off John Abraham) - Taylor is the only lock. Could certainly see Peppers and Freeney getting in eventually but Jason Taylor is the only lock out of what you mentioned IMHO. Peppers isn't a leader and really hasn't won anything aside from a tainted ROY in which he missed the final four games due to a banned substance test. The thing about Peppers though is EVEN if this is his final year in Chicago; I could still see him latching on to another team like the Saints, Raiders, Patriots for another 3 years and still having respectable numbers. So yeah, I think Peppers is going to eventually get in and I certainly believe he can play at a respectable level for another 3-4 years. 

Peppers is currently #19 all time, and there's a chance he could be in the top 15 at the end of the year. I do think he'll get into the NFL HOF eventually. 

Guest cornflake10

I have great respect for Peppers but he is getting his butt handed to him this year.  He always had monster games against us (Saints) but I don't think he had one tackle against us this year.

Amen.  My point was that it is a shame because athletically, he could have been the best ever.  He has never had chronic injuries, he has tremendous size to go with quickness and speed.  I think he was the best athlete I have ever seen play football.  I cannot think of a better one--maybe Bo Jackson.

Archived