• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Falcons Gameday Thread

Zod

i feel like a kid on christmas day. it was hard to go to sleep last night and i woke up really early this morning. i wanted to sleep in a little while but i was too excited.

hoping the panthers start fast again and pull themselves ahead by a couple TDs by half time and just protect that lead the rest of the game.

we score more than 30 again.

our opponents score less than 15 again.

just another day at the office.

This could be the game that we get down early and need to come back:

*For six seasons, Atlanta coach Mike Smith has preached a “start fast” gospel, and the good news for the Falcons is that, for the most part, they have heeded that message. In only one of Smith’s first five seasons with the franchise, 2010 (and then only by six points), was Atlanta outscored by its opponents in the first quarter. Over that five-year stretch, the Falcons held a plus-38.8 advantage over their opponents in the opening quarter. This season, the Falcons have again outscored opponents in the first quarter, 44-3. That 41-point edge is the largest disparity in the NFL in the opening quarter, even more than that rung up by the prolific Denver Broncos (plus-22). Yet the Falcons are 2-5 entering Sunday’s game at Carolina largely because they’ve been outscored in each of the other three quarters – 50-81 in the second, 21-40 in the third and 51-60 for the fourth. The Falcons have been so dominant in the first quarter that they’ve allowed opponents only a dozen possessions. Eight ended on punts, two on turnovers, and one on downs. The lone first-quarter points against Atlanta came on a 22-yard field goal by Nick Folk of the New York Jets on Oct. 7, in the fifth game of the season.

Follow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news

If we are going to be a playoff team AND make a run, we need to be able to be confident that we can come from behind, if necessary. This may be the game where we start that process.

Archived