• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Billick -> here is a freaking chart for Cam's "flat ball" (season long observation, not a gameday)

Hotsauce

The point that he's making, and it's a correct one, is that flat throws provide less of a margin for error. They travel faster and don't allow WR to adjust beneath the ball. You don't throw a ball of trash into a garbage can as hard as you can throw it. You put some loft on it and drop it in. On throws where Cam has guys uncontested down the field, he needs to get better at dropping it behind coverage and not trying to put it on a line directly to his guy. The margin for error is more negotiable that way. There are a lot of throws that need that urgent delivery, but there are a lot that don't too. Cam throws the ball as hard as he can virtually all the time. Part of learning to be a great QB is touch passing. He'll get there, but Billick's observations are spot on.

I love that an off day from our QB is 2 TDs and nearly 300 yards total.

I mean, it was an off day - he was missing high, or that game would have been even more of a blow out - but it's nice to have that kind of quality of player.

It's also nice to have a D that can recover from INTs.

I remember last year when we had posters here saying that no team ever wins when QBs have turnovers.  Welp, that's bullshit...All the great QBs have off days but they find ways to put up points and their team finds ways to win.

We won't get away with playing like this vs NE or SF, but that's okay.  One game at a time, and this was a good one.

I swear it seems as if there is sme desire to always put Cam's week performance under a damn magnifying glass. FYI, every QB has idiosyncrasies that cause them to do things. I don't get why you folks believe Cam needs to get rid of his or he fails as a QB. Every week someone finds somethng wrong with Cam the person or his game. It's getting fugging ridiculous.

Your team WON despite Cam's two Int. What that says to me is this team is growing and maturing as a team. They are not defining their win on their QB's mistake free game nor should you. What I see is a team finally figuring out that winning isn't just about Cam having a good day. it's all hands on deck every single week. IMO, all you folks are doing is making it easy for those who already label Cam a "BUST" and is doing everything in their power to prove themselves right.

34-10 Panthers is the score. Well done Panthers. Get off of Cam's manhood Panthers' fans.

I love that an off day from our QB is 2 TDs and nearly 300 yards total.

I mean, it was an off day - he was missing high, or that game would have been even more of a blow out - but it's nice to have that kind of quality of player.

It's also nice to have a D that can recover from INTs.

I remember last year when we had posters here saying that no team ever wins when QBs have turnovers.  Welp, that's bullshit...All the great QBs have off days but they find ways to put up points and their team finds ways to win.

We won't get away with playing like this vs NE or SF, but that's okay.  One game at a time, and this was a good one.

I am glad you're coming around. I read your first post, when Cam threw that first INT.

Anyway, I am so proud of this team. They seem to be turning that corner and gaining more and more confidence with every win. The Panthers have won 4 games in a row with a 30 plus win. Cam is no longer seriously carrying this team. ALL HANDS ARE FINALLY ON DECK.

Keep it up Panthers..Enjoy the win.

Pull up Jeff Blake highlights to see the opposite..crazy air on deep balls. They used to go off the screen.

Cam does throw a flat pass and has a hard time on fade routes...of course it is more difficult when the WR on the fade is 5'9.

Even the pass that Lafell one handed was flat when that route requires more of a touch pass. That pass had deflected int all over it.

Archived