• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Billick -> here is a freaking chart for Cam's "flat ball" (season long observation, not a gameday)

Hotsauce

It's part of Cam's continued development.  Like a lot of young, big armed QBs, he's having to learn when to take something off of it.  Most young QBs with big arms struggle with inconsistent accuracy early in their careers.  They rely too much on their arm.  Cam has done a great job of getting away from that in recent weeks, but he fell back into it today.  I think a lot of it comes down to that he was trying to show out against his hometown team.  When he lets the game come to him, there are few better in the game.  When he presses and tries to do to much, you can still see how raw he as a pure passer.  He's gonna get a lot better folks, and it's gonna get scary for the other 31 teams.

Oh, and Matty Ryan's rainbow balls lead to 3 INTs including a pick 6 today.  It's nice to have a QB that has the arm to zap one in there when it's needed and doesn't have to rely on being able to lob one in there.  It's a lot tougher to pick off a laser beam.  It's not a coincidence that both of Cam's INTs were on lobs.

The point that he's making, and it's a correct one, is that flat throws provide less of a margin for error. They travel faster and don't allow WR to adjust beneath the ball. You don't throw a ball of trash into a garbage can as hard as you can throw it. You put some loft on it and drop it in. On throws where Cam has guys uncontested down the field, he needs to get better at dropping it behind coverage and not trying to put it on a line directly to his guy. The margin for error is more negotiable that way. There are a lot of throws that need that urgent delivery, but there are a lot that don't too. Cam throws the ball as hard as he can virtually all the time. Part of learning to be a great QB is touch passing. He'll get there, but Billick's observations are spot on.

Huddle

Implode.

I swear it seems as if there is sme desire to always put Cam's week performance under a damn magnifying glass. FYI, every QB has idiosyncrasies that cause them to do things. I don't get why you folks believe Cam needs to get rid of his or he fails as a QB. Every week someone finds somethng wrong with Cam the person or his game. It's getting fugging ridiculous.

Your team WON despite Cam's two Int. What that says to me is this team is growing and maturing as a team. They are not defining their win on their QB's mistake free game nor should you. What I see is a team finally figuring out that winning isn't just about Cam having a good day. it's all hands on deck every single week. IMO, all you folks are doing is making it easy for those who already label Cam a "BUST" and is doing everything in their power to prove themselves right.

34-10 Panthers is the score. Well done Panthers. Get off of Cam's manhood Panthers' fans.

Cam is the QB of the team we all love.  The QB primarily gets all the attention (love, hate or honest critique).  Just be happy other people love your team as much as you do & stop acting like it is sacrosanct to critique a QB who did not play as well as we have come to expect in the past few games.

Why is it that so many on here think it's okay to worship Cam when he has good games, but not okay to critique him if his play leaves something to be desired?

If he was Derek Anderson, nobody would expect much..he is Cam Newton & we all expect a lot b/c of who he is.

Cam is the QB of the team we all love.  The QB primarily gets all the attention (love, hate or honest critique).  Just be happy other people love your team as much as you do & stop acting like it is sacrosanct to critique a QB who did not play as well as we have come to expect in the past few games.

Why is it that so many on here think it's okay to worship Cam when he has good games, but not okay to critique him if his play leaves something to be desired?

If he was Derek Anderson, nobody would expect much..he is Cam Newton & we all expect a lot b/c of who he is.

Maybe it's you who need to relax and let your QB just play his game. So what Cam didn't throw any Ints in the past three games. You now believe he never will or shouldn't ...GTFO

You  folks seem to come up with all kinds of reasons why you can't seem to get off your QB's ass. Why can't you find it in your rational to criticize the rest of the team the why you seem to enjoy doing with Cam. Tom Brady just over threw...way overthrew a ball. What does that mean? Not a damn thing. I seriously doubt the Pats fans a sitting there creating endless threads of that throw. The great Drew Brees threw two fugging Ints and his team lost, again, i doubt the Saints fans are creating endless threads over it.SMFH 

FYI, the only reason why those in the media criticize Cam for every ish he does is because they're encouraged to do so by those who believe Cam is to talented and has had way to much success in their opinion. They stated from his days in the draft, that he will not succeed if they have anything to do with it. They believe he has been "to successful" in his college years and It's their mission to make sure he "earns" his NFL accomplishments. I  guess their desire to nitpick and criticize every ish he does is their way of keeping him under their magnifying glass so they can continue to push their view that he's not and will never be an NFL QB. Why are some of you fans doing the same?

I love that an off day from our QB is 2 TDs and nearly 300 yards total.

I mean, it was an off day - he was missing high, or that game would have been even more of a blow out - but it's nice to have that kind of quality of player.

It's also nice to have a D that can recover from INTs.

I remember last year when we had posters here saying that no team ever wins when QBs have turnovers.  Welp, that's bullshit...All the great QBs have off days but they find ways to put up points and their team finds ways to win.

We won't get away with playing like this vs NE or SF, but that's okay.  One game at a time, and this was a good one.

It kind of reminds me of Pittsburgh and Roethlisburger when they went on their Superbowl run.  At times he was very good and other times a different guy.  But the defense was consistently good and kept them in all their games.  The quarterback can make mistakes trying to make a play and the defense will make up for it with a big play or critical stop.  Because the defense doesn't give up many points the offense doesn't have to score on every drive and feels less pressure to force it.  Cam looked much better when he threw more short and intermediate routes and took what the defense was giving him.  Good enough to put up points and control the clock.  Just what you need.

Maybe it's you who need to relax and let your QB just play his game. So what Cam didn't throw any Ints in the past three games. You now believe he never will or shouldn't ...GTFO

You  folks seem to come up with all kinds of reasons why you can't seem to get off your QB's ass. Why can't you find it in your rational to criticize the rest of the team the why you seem to enjoy doing with Cam. Tom Brady just over threw...way overthrew a ball. What does that mean? Not a damn thing. I seriously doubt the Pats fans a sitting there creating endless threads of that throw. The great Drew Brees threw two fugging Ints and his team lost, again, i doubt the Saints fans are creating endless threads over it.SMFH 

FYI, the only reason why those in the media criticize Cam for every ish he does is because they're encouraged to do so by those who believe Cam is to talented and has had way to much success in their opinion. They stated from his days in the draft, that he will not succeed if they have anything to do with it. They believe he has been "to successful" in his college years and It's their mission to make sure he "earns" his NFL accomplishments. I  guess their desire to nitpick and criticize every ish he does is their way of keeping him under their magnifying glass so they can continue to push their view that he's not and will never be an NFL QB. Why are some of you fans doing the same?

Wow dude, you really have a man-crush on Cam.  Some of us are fans of 'the game', not just of individual players.  If you don't like it, just move on.  I like Cam as well, or better than many, Panther fans, but just b/c I like a player doesn't mean I become blind to reality.  Yes Cam's a very good, if not great player, but he has flaws.  Do you think being a fan is 'only' the rah-rah stuff?!  Get over yourself.

Archived