• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers blog previews Panthers defense

countryboi

i can realistically seem them exploiting is the TD to Gonzales play

i think they'll lean heavily on vernon davis (which isn't much different from other games i suppose) and attempt to match his massive ass up against some of our admittedly smaller linebackers. luke and TD are going to have to be stellar in coverage up the seam.

Kuechly is bigger, faster and stronger than Willis. I don't see how they can call him small.

What?

Willis clocked in at 4.37 seconds for his 40-yard dash during his University of Mississippi pro-day workout

When Luke Kuechly was initially timed in 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine, NFL scouts sat up in their seats in anticipation of his second attempt. A poor get-off led to an unofficial 4.78, leading to a rare request for a third run inside Lucas Oil Stadium. It was critical for teams to get a grasp for just how athletic the record-setting tackling machine is. It could be the difference between a two-down prospect worthy of a first-round grade, or a potential three-down 'backer locked into the first day of the draft. The third attempt was timed at an unofficial 4.58

Kuechly: 6'3, 242 pounds

Willis: 6'1, 240 pounds

Kuechly Bench: 27 reps

Willis Bench: 22 Reps

The only thing you can say is that Kuechly had more reps than Willis, but Willis is widely known as one of the hardest hitting guys in the NFL.

Hey, Kuechly is awesome and going to be a great player in this league, but the amount of disrespect he's getting on this board is astounding. Willis is one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and has been an all-pro 6 times. Not a pro-bowler, but an all-pro. In other words, considered the best at his position all 6 years he's been in the league.

post-14704-0-39031200-1383845122_thumb.j

You make it sound like they drove up and down the field the entire game

They didn't do well most of the time. Even a broken clock is right twice a day

I'm not sure how you interpreted that i suggested they drove up and down the field on you guys. I'm just saying if a terrible team(or any team for that matter) has a hand full of successfull plays that exploit a weakness on the opposing team, then it should be utilized.

lol....I personally think speed wise they are equal but it is funny you used a pro day time for Willis and a combine time for Luke in your defense post. Everyone magically runs faster on pro days.

Willis ran a 4.5 at the combine....

What gives Luke the appearance of being faster.....and that is what it is....his instincts are off the chart so he sniffs out plays earlier than most

Archived