• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Cera's strange 8 month 'friendship' with an unknown texter

Dpantherman

Whenever a friend asks me if I have any interesting tales involving text-messaging, I think of Jeremy. Jeremy, a man I am no longer in touch with, was someone I once considered a friend. It started out very simply: one day I received a text message from a phone number I did not recognize. Intrigued, I replied, and thus began an intimate and illuminating correspondence. I wish to share with you now my record of this peculiar kinship.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2013/11/25/131125sh_shouts_cera?currentPage=all

Pretty entertaining read, but if I can summarize, basically Michael Cera (the actor) gets a text from a guy he's never met in his life.  And from reading it, it looks like he began to communicate with him in a fictionalized version of himself.  (otherwise, he's a weird dude). Michael does most of the texting, and does a lot of over-sharing, and at least one time pretends to angry with him after Jeremy stands him up when they were supposed to meet.  So finally Jeremy invites him over to a party and one of his friends' home.

And this is where things get weird. He never really explained what exactly what happened, but from I can figure-- Jeremy (the unknown guy) brings along this girl that he likes ( or maybe they were dating, I have no clue).  She was fan of his movies.  Something happened, and in the texts Michael said something about kissing her, and made a comment about her having a nice butt.  Jeremy ended up changing his number and stopped all communication with him.

I'm assuming Michael Cera did this as a social experiment.  Found it interesting, and very very weird.

Archived