• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Demanded The Ball More at Half Time

chknwing

How is that disrespectful? and out of anything you chose this to talk about?

don't remember forcing you to read this thread.  And Yes it can be disrespectful since the coaching staff developed a game plan which apparently smith was not happy with.  That game plan could very well have been to use Smith as a decoy to open up other receivers.  Now, disagreeing with this and demanding the ball can cause a rift between players and the coaches because if the coaches gave into smiths demands then that would appear to the other players that the coaches are more concerned with keeping Smith happy than winning the game.  Not saying this was the case but you have to be very careful with stuff like that.  In any case, there are many threads on this forum where dumb comments are welcome, this is not one of those threads.

don't remember forcing you to read this thread.  And Yes it can be disrespectful since the coaching staff developed a game plan which apparently smith was not happy with.  That game plan could very well have been to use Smith as a decoy to open up other receivers.  Now, disagreeing with this and demanding the ball can cause a rift between players and the coaches because if the coaches gave into smiths demands then that would appear to the other players that the coaches are more concerned with keeping Smith happy than winning the game.  Not saying this was the case but you have to be very careful with stuff like that.  In any case, there are many threads on this forum where dumb comments are welcome, this is not one of those threads.

it was at halftime. i assume we were in the locker room making adjustments. clearly the gameplan we came in with was not working at all. there isn't anything wrong with what smith did.

it was at halftime. i assume we were in the locker room making adjustments. clearly the gameplan we came in with was not working at all. there isn't anything wrong with what smith did.

I didnt say there was anything wrong with it persay but ultimately whose in charge?  Rivera wants to be a relevant coach then he cant allow one player to dictate how he coaches.  I guess what this hinges on, is timing, if he did it in the locker room in front of the other players, demanding the ball more, thats wrong imo, if he went to the coach 1 on1 and discussed it, thats different.

I was happy he talked about that, matter of fact when it came to that 4 and 10 he was the person I was wanting the ball to go to. I got tired of seeing Ginn drop the ball and I knew in situation like that Smitty usually wins. I love that Cam is spreading the ball around more this year but when it comes to games like this he has to start feeding Steve because he still has enough left in the tank to carry the team also.

Me too. I was tired of watching our guys go out of bounds a yard shy of the 1st down. I think Cam, Ginn, and Olsen all did it. Steve insists on getting every yard he can every play and on 4th and 10 that's the attitude we needed.

don't remember forcing you to read this thread. And Yes it can be disrespectful since the coaching staff developed a game plan which apparently smith was not happy with. That game plan could very well have been to use Smith as a decoy to open up other receivers. Now, disagreeing with this and demanding the ball can cause a rift between players and the coaches because if the coaches gave into smiths demands then that would appear to the other players that the coaches are more concerned with keeping Smith happy than winning the game. Not saying this was the case but you have to be very careful with stuff like that. In any case, there are many threads on this forum where dumb comments are welcome, this is not one of those threads.

Dumb comments or dumb thought? Dumb thought.

Disrespectful, really? Just bc you feel like you have to make a thread doesn't mean you need to.

From what I heard from Mike Mitchell's emotional post game interview, he loves 89!

Dumb comments or dumb thought? Dumb thought.

Disrespectful, really? Just bc you feel like you have to make a thread doesn't mean you need to.

From what I heard from Mike Mitchell's emotional post game interview, he loves 89!

Like I said, dont like it, dont click it.  If you having nothing of interest to add to the thread, you should prolly just move on.

Like I said, dont like it, dont click it.  If you having nothing of interest to add to the thread, you should prolly just move on.

Cant take other people's opinion, dont make a thread at all. You posted a thread means you wanted feedback. Too bad majority are disagreeing with you. Here's the feedback for you. Dont get mad at me.

Archived