• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our offense style / scheme is not gonna cut it

Dash Global

This season has been about the D shutting teams down. We didnt rarely needed to match anyone score for score. 

I am not confident in our teams ability to go score for score with the likes of Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. 

I think we match up much better with teams like SEA and SF. 

As I said to begin with there is no reason we can not have an elite O as well as an elite D. 

Exactly. The defense is where all of resources went. So we have to rely on them to shut down Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

We cannot rely on the Unit we have literally spent ZERO resources on the past 3 years to go score for score with elite offenses.

I didn't say he had to do it every time. But did anyone here really think we we're going to play this game our way the whole time and keep it a 17-24 game?

Get real. I don't care that we don't have a premier #1 anymore. LaFell is a WR in the NFL, send his ass down field. We knew our o-line couldn't run block for poo and we still decided to waste 1st down on running plays.

We have to be better prepared to play catch up. We are not always going to lead into the 2nd half and eat the clock each drive. I think Cam was scared to throw pics tonight. He was way off on a couple throws. I know we need another weapon on offense. Everyone does, but it's like we didn't even try.

Running was fine today (about 4.5 ypc from our backs, Cam put it closer to 6 ypc overall)

But did we use that to our advantage? I don't remember any play action passes (granted O Line probably prevented that)

Did we spread the field and hit them with a draw?

Did we sell the run at all to open up passing lanes?

Nope. we ran, threw deep, threw short, punted

I dont wanna hear about all the pussified excuses about our OL or WR. 

Bad OL get the ball out quick. 

WR issues coaches need to do a better job coaching them up and putting in positions to succeed. 

Your argument comes down to "I want what I want and I want it right now".

Talent does matter. While coaching is a huge factor in on field performance, there is a reason why 1st round picks outperform 7th round picks, and why players in the prime of their career outperform those well into their 30's. In my opinion, we've done a good job on O given the talent we have. No, we're not explosive. We have some decent players at the skill positions, but not great ones (Cam excluded). Until that's fixed, we aren't going to turn into an elite offense, no matter who draws up the gameplan.

Only thing I wonder is..................  wtf happened to Cam's ability to throw a 50+ yard bomb and land it on a dime?   Is the new coaching screwing him up?   I love the dinking and dunking,  that is a must in every stable offense..........but,  it just seems like our main man is out of sync with the WRs  or having a disfunctional relationship with his old friend the deep ball.

We didn't have that great of an Oline in '11. or '12.    Cam had to run for his life a lot back then also.        This year though...Even with time,  Cam is overshooting,  undershooting,  or just downright missing a lot of the deep routes.                I'm not dogging him because we saw in '11 and '12,  he can make every single one of those throws and he can be one of the best in the league at doing so... I'm just curious what you guys think about it.    Is it a confidence thing?   Rivera and Shula trying to turn Cam into Alex Smith?

Our running game (including the playcalling) needs a shot of adrenaline.  It seems that most plays take too long to develop and require every player to sustain their block or it gets blown up.  We don't use misdirection enough.  When was the last time we ran a reverse to Ginn or Smitty?  If we can get the D on their heels vs their toes, everything will open up. 

maybe its just me but i am still encouraged. shore up the D and give Cam some protection and quality weapons and we have a complete ELITE team. Gettleman is no fool. he'll get these problems taken care of. but with a mediocre offense and a leaky (albeit physical) defense, we are still 9-4. im grateful for that after the past four seasons. perhaps we can be a Cinderella story this year and make it to the SB. i still think we can make it there and win against ANY team. but it will be tough and it IS a long shot. our better years are still ahead of us and THAT is awesome to me. KeepPounding...

I feel like you guys still haven't acknowledged Cam dropped back 39 times and threw deep several times. At some point you have to throw the ball close enough for your receiver to catch it.

At some point your line has to give you time to do that.

Archived