• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your phobias, hangups or quirks?

SteveSmithOwns

Losing my car keys. I will keeping either holding my keys or tapping them in my pocket as I close the door to my house

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Wallet, watch, testicles, spectacles....

I sometimes just say that on the way out the door.

phobias, hangups or quirks

Phobias

Dolls in horror films that come to life. 

Dead bodies underwater

Decapitated heads

Snakes if I don't see them first (if I know they're there...I'm fine)

Hangups

Filth

People that don't abide by the 20 items or less rule

People that are just overtly inconsiderate or ignorant to the fact they're a jerk.  Example...people over to the house.  X amount of pancakes.  Out of 10 people eating, one douchebag chooses to use half the syrup on his/her plate alone. 

Sloppy eaters

Quirks

Organizing the dishwasher to 1) maximize productivity 2) ensure rotators aren't blocked by something too high in lower tray or 3) use the farking knife slots so when I reach in, I'm not stabbed between the fingers.

Can't stand to paint.  I'd rather have a toenail ripped from my feet than have to paint.  I'm doing it though...ugh.

Can't stand shirts that fit too tight around neck.

If I'm asleep, don't mess with me.  I will kill you.  My son who would come get in the bed with us when young would take his feet and kick the covers down.  I'd get woken out of a deep sleep and pull them back up.  He'd do it again.  I'd pull them back up.   He did it once more and I said with a voice as clear as if I was having to talk over a Panthers crowd..."you kick the covers down again and you'll be sleeping on the floor".  He reached down and pulled the covers back up.

Many many more...but just a few.

Phobias

Dead bodies underwater

Decapitated heads

Hangups

Filth

People that are just overtly inconsiderate or ignorant to the fact they're a jerk.  Example...people over to the house.  X amount of pancakes.  Out of 10 people eating, one douchebag chooses to use half the syrup on his/her plate alone. 

Sloppy eaters

Quirks

Organizing the dishwasher to 1) maximize productivity 2) ensure rotators aren't blocked by something too high in lower tray or 3) use the farking knife slots so when I reach in, I'm not stabbed between the fingers.

Can't stand to paint.  I'd rather have a toenail ripped from my feet than have to paint.  I'm doing it though...ugh.

If I'm asleep, don't mess with me.  I will kill you.  My son who would come get in the bed with us when young would take his feet and kick the covers down.  I'd get woken out of a deep sleep and pull them back up.  He'd do it again.  I'd pull them back up.   He did it once more and I said with a voice as clear as if I was having to talk over a Panthers crowd..."you kick the covers down again and you'll be sleeping on the floor".  He reached down and pulled the covers back up.

you reminded me....absolute biggest phobia is of dolls. if they look angry or anything like that, I don't care, because atleast I know their intentions. but when they are smiling at you and still trying to kill you, that's when it freaks me out

Phobias

• Spiders

That's it. It's all I'm really afraid of. I've actually picked up a wasp that was buzzing around my classroom with my bare hand and let it out outside. I've picked up wild snakes. I've climbed high rock formations without any gear. And I've flown in rock polisher, turbulent flights without taking my eyes off my Sudoku, while my mom grabbed the back of her seat so violently she revealed the man in the seat before to have a toupee. None of it bothers me. But if I see a spider, I will jump and cling to the ceiling with my fingernails like a cat. And now what sucks is as a boyfriend, when my girlfriend finds a spider, it's still up to me to kill it! It's like some super villain in a movie holding sex teetering off the side of a bridge while forcing me to face my worst fear to save it.

Hangups

• Mouth sounds. Chewing, smacking, dry mouth. I honestly have to turn NPR off half the time because I can hear their lips parting when they speak and it makes my skin crawl.
  • People who don't use turn signals make me want to kill their childrens' joy forever.
  • Angry sex-starved republicans and their vitriolic rants, books, radio shows against liberals (I'd be an unreserved Republican if the most influential and visible amongst them weren't such dicks)
  • Whiny liberals and their hopelessly idealistic view of the real world, and them legislating to protect the dumb and weak at my expense.
  • Buttons that are about to fall off, hanging by a few strands of thread.
  • "What is this?" When I still lived at home, my mom used to get into cleaning frenzies, as I called them, where she would find one thing dirty, and then go through the entire house looking for other dirty things and getting angrier all the time to the point where she would just be looking at everything I owned and screaming "What is this?" before she tried to throw it out. Now if I ever hear that question it makes me want to peel off someone's skin.

Quirks

• (Dis)Organization. I live in a state of carefully controlled chaos. My apartment may at times seem messy, but I can find anything in the blink of an eye. When we clean and organize things, I have no idea where stuff is.
  • Socks have to be bundled a certain way, which is in a tubular shape. My girlfriend bundles them into balls, and it stretches out the elastic.
  • I only eat M&Ms, Skittles and Jelly Beans in groups by color. Sometimes I eat a mixed handful just to mess with myself and I feel like Rain Man when he doesn't get to see the People's Court on time.
  • My seatbelt it on all the time, even when I'm just backing up the car a few inches

• I only eat M&Ms, Skittles and Jelly Beans in groups by color. Sometimes I eat a mixed handful just to mess with myself and I feel like Rain Man when he doesn't get to see the People's Court on time

This.  I group them and eat the group with the most first, until all the groups have the same number of pieces.  

Phobias

Dead bodies underwater

Decapitated heads

Hangups

Filth

People that are just overtly inconsiderate or ignorant to the fact they're a jerk. Example...people over to the house. X amount of pancakes. Out of 10 people eating, one douchebag chooses to use half the syrup on his/her plate alone.

Sloppy eaters

Quirks

Can't stand to paint. I'd rather have a toenail ripped from my feet than have to paint. I'm doing it though...ugh.

If I'm asleep, don't mess with me. I will kill you. My son who would come get in the bed with us when young would take his feet and kick the covers down. I'd get woken out of a deep sleep and pull them back up. He'd do it again. I'd pull them back up. He did it once more and I said with a voice as clear as if I was having to talk over a Panthers crowd..."you kick the covers down again and you'll be sleeping on the floor". He reached down and pulled the covers back up.

My youngest son likes to come crawl in bed with us in the morning.

But he always takes his socks off at some point at night. He comes and immediately places his cold feet on my ribcage.

It doesn't matter if I only have had 5 seconds of sleep, I'm awake for the day after that.

Spider phobia to the point I know it's pathetic. And still it can literally paralyze me.

And I'm way too OCD to mention all those quirks here. Mainly, everything my kids do, no matter what, I'm always expecting someone to get hurt. Sucks to be such a needless worrier, but the moment something happened all my fears would be validated, so there's that.

Archived