• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera says he's sticking with Chandler

Ruff

I never said Bell was great. But criticizing the coach's player evaluation skills because he is still playing Bell assumes there is someone better on the roster, which is Gettleman's responsibility.

Ron was forced on Gettlemen. It was clear by DGs actions that he was focusing on his D and holding off on the O until he knew who he would build for.

Bell may be the best RT. I would assume both RR and DG wish they had addressed the issue in hindsight. RR I am sure wishes OL was addressed prior to the start

Byron Bell has been horrible most of the season. Another horrible CSX post.

Bell has had 2 horrific games and 11 average games. Are you seruously suggesting that they should replace him with Chandler and calling my post horrific? Bell will be replaced in the offseason not when we are 9-4 becuase of your knee jerk reaction to the loss.

Bell is a huge liability. I appreciate his hard work and his inspirational story - but the dude is the worst RT in the NFL. That is a fact.

From a sacks, hits, hurries stand point there are numerous right tackles who are playing worse than him. He certainly needs to be upgraded but that would be a difficult fact to prove.

I've watched every last game. I've seen cam have all day to throw, all day. But held the ball because no one was open.

You saying that receivers don't go into the equations let's me know you know nothing about football.

Look at colin kap. He has the ideal oline and ask day to throw but he didn't have receivers that get open and there passing offense is even ranked lower than ours. Getting the ball out fast has alot to do with it

I think opposing D's are choosing to drop back and make Cam beat them with his arm.  They know how elusive he is, and that he can torch them for a big run if they don't drop back in coverage.

That approach may make our pass protection look better than it is. 

This is why I hope we get a big TE somewhere in the draft to give Cam an extra checkdown receiver.

Ron was forced on Gettlemen. It was clear by DGs actions that he was focusing on his D and holding off on the O until he knew who he would build for.

Bell may be the best RT. I would assume both RR and DG wish they had addressed the issue in hindsight. RR I am sure wishes OL was addressed prior to the start

I dont think he was really focusing on the D particularly but I am sure he wanted too. If star had been a top 5 OL chances are he would have still drafted him. It really comes down to who drops into our position based on value and need. It just so happened we got lucky and we had 2 DTs drop into our positions. In any other draft I really doubt you could get away with something like that. Just look at fua and mcclain who were drafted purely based on need.

I think Gettlemen would want to draft OL as his number 1 priority but if there isnt value there I can see him going WR or CB. It really depends on who falls so you never know exactly who you are going to get until your pick is up.  

All I need is the end result....how many times was Newton: sacked, hit, hurried.

I don't need grades from PFF. Nice to have for technique and improvements but if the Franchise is on his back side one out of 10 plays or more, there is a problem.

QBs have a right to expect 4 seconds...how many seconds does Cam get on most plays in passing situations?

Compare that to what Wilson gets...and yes I know about long developing routes etc, but there is more than several times a game in a passing situation that Newton is one his ass with one step back from center.

qbs have a right to expect four seconds?

That would imply the other team isn't even on the field.

Not even the greats get four seconds.

Some of the positions that we have been talking about needing upgraded will be unrestricted free agents this offseason (Byron Bell at RT, Brandon LaFell/Ted Ginn Jr/ at WR, Munnerlyn/Florence/Mikell in the secondary.What Gman does in this regard will determine not only who goes or stays but how/who we select in the draft.

Archived