• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your weirdest medical condition?

Herbert The Love Bug

I had one of those epic top of ass crack cysts once in high school

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I still have two scars from it from when it finally fully popped and went away. Now, every time I have sex, girls ask me about it when I get up to piss. I usually say a tiger tried to bite me before I snapped it's neck with my bare goddamn hands. Always gets a laugh and I get to avoid saying "I had a cyst that caused me to have to buy new pants and boxers".

I had a mycobacterium marinum infection in my middle finger that has caused me two surgeries, 8 months of antibiotics and a year's worth of physical therapy. Got the infection from getting poked by a fish at the beach last summer.  Sixteen months so far, got about a month left of physical therapy and going to end up with about 70% of flexibility in my right middle finger. Can't make a full fist again, but lucky I didn't lose the finger or even my hand.

Got a wicked scar after the two surgeries...  flexor tynosynfectomy and tendon pully reconstruction.

I had a mycobacterium marinum infection in my middle finger that has caused me two surgeries, 8 months of antibiotics and a year's worth of physical therapy. Got the infection from getting poked by a fish at the beach last summer. Sixteen months so far, got about a month left of physical therapy and going to end up with about 70% of flexibility in my right middle finger. Can't make a full fist again, but lucky I didn't lose the finger or even my hand.

Got a wicked scar after the two surgeries... flexor tynosynfectomy and tendon pully reconstruction.

Hurt to type and stuff?

Hurt to type and stuff?

Not so much.  I pretty much had to learn to write left handed for the first several months after the first surgery and was typing one handed.  Now the typing is back ok enough (although I can't type 90+ words a minute like I used to be able to). Pretty much the only other downside is the whole grip thing but am still working on that.

It'll never be the same but I'm lucky to still have it.

I have Otosclerosis

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/pages/otosclerosis.asp

Its a hardening of the bones inside the ear. I have had one surgery to replace them in my right ear which restored much of my hearing.

Not so long ago I would have been deaf and poo out of luck. Thank you science.

That would suck... Our medical advancements are amazing. Doctors can fix so many things these days.

Archived