• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And if you want the Stains to miss the playoffs.

Awesomeness!!

So if Arizona wins next week and the Saints win does that mean San Fran misses the playoffs?

Yeah, it also means that if Arizona wins next week and NO loses, NO would miss the playoffs. (I believe.)

It also means that if Seattle loses next week and we win, we get the #1 seed.

only if they beat seattle. we either get to face seattle or AZ in the playoffs at this point. seeding will prevent us from playing both teams even if AZ makes it.

let me correct my ignorance... for Carolina to have the possibility of meeting both AZ and Seattle in the playoffs, Atlanta has to beat San Fran tomorrow, Tampa has to beat NO next week, and AZ has to beat San Fran next week. this would set up the NFC playoffs thus-ish:

#1 - Seattle

#2 - Carolina

#3 - Philadelphia (or Dallas/Chicago)

#4 - Green Bay (or Dallas/Chicago)

#5 - Arizona

#6 - New Orleans

Arizona would have to beat the 3rd seed (which probably would happen)

New Orleans would have to beat the 4th seed (again, probable)

NO would go to Seattle and AZ would go to Carolina. 

We would have to beat AZ and Seattle would have to beat NO. both would be tall orders, though i think Seattle would have a tougher time winning than we would.

and hey for craps and giggles... what if all that happened and we beat Seattle to go to the Super Bowl? what if we just so happened to meet the Patriots there? how sweet would that be? ;D

Cardinals aren't going to make the playoffs. They're a good team but the schedule and the challenge is too much. It happens sometimes. San Diego is a good team too. Hard for 3 teams from one division to go to the playoffs with the division winner format.

Sorry if someone has already said this. But San Diego is in the AFC West. Arizona is in the NFC West.

Archived