• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A sticky SALESman thread

Hotsauce

Is it a fun job to be a salesman? And do you make good money? What do you major in?

I don't really know much about the field at all

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

lol, major in anything you want. don't major in anything.....doesn't make a difference really. some higher level sales jobs require certain degrees or education (ie medical, chemical, etc), but a lot of the time experience can outweigh that as well. 

bottom line, you can be in sales and be borderline ruhtarded. as long as you know your product, have confidence in it, and can talk to people reasonably and be personable, you're good to go.

With as easy as that sounds, I have some fuging stupid ass people that work with me and will never be let go for one reason or the other, but its never that they are great at their job. SUCH. A. WASTE. of a salary, and personnel, and benefits, and life in general.

LP- Good luck!! hope you got my response to your message, I see now you have 1 year of experience and sounds like you are killin it- shouldnt have any trouble getting a new sales gig.  Maybe SCP will hire you.

My company is looking for a PROFESSIONAL salesperson to break open our local market (Charlotte) as well as traveling from MD to FL for surveys/sales. We are a specialty commercial flooring manufacturer that offer turnkey installations for restaurants among other apps.

I have a baby due in May and have taken a non traveling position.

Is it a fun job to be a salesman? And do you make good money? What do you major in?

I don't really know much about the field at all

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The money is often out of your control, but the workload is always there.

I have had 30K months, and many 0k months...have had a salary for 1 year out of 10, and benefits for 2 years out of 10.

It's all about establishing a name for yourself, being a professional, and finding your niche.  I'm the top salesman for my company now, but I get bored, and like to change it up every couple years.

Lots and lots of downtime, but when it's go time, you better be ready.  Can't be too pushy/needy, a good buyer can always sense when a salesperson is getting nervous over bonuses, money, or heat from the suits.

I doubt I could do anything else other than owning my own business, and I'm looking at 3 different ones now that I will open on the side in case I get tired of doing what I'm doing now.

If your in sales, check in here

Rules are:

What do u sell/industry

What's your territory

How long u been selling

Do u travel overnight?

Marriott or Hilton?

Aviation Maintenance 

Domestic / international

20 yrs

Travel about 30% a year

JW Marriot if possible but most likely a starwood hotel

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sold a deal where I am going to be knocking it out of the park for commish.....only took me 2 years to see some real $$$

Our fiscal just ended too......had a friggin kickass year- 150%

DAMN nothing sucks more than starting all over again at 0!!

Archived