• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Gettleman up to something?

KillaCamNewton

You can max out the cap each year as long as you have flexible contracts. I hope that is where we are heading

Every year teams way over the cap manipulate the numbers and get under the cap.  We don't even have to work that hard.  Contracts simply have to limit the guaranteed money. That is what Hurney failed to do.  I remember when Haynesworth got a 100 million contract.  In reality he ended getting roughly 40 million of it because it wasn't all guaranteed.

I was hanging out with Ka'Deem Carey's cousin and he told me some interesting things. Apparently G-Man and Kadeems agent have been talking alot lately and he has serious interest in drafting him. Word is that if the panthers have a chance, they will draft kadeem in the 2nd round and make deangelo a june 1st cut and really make an effort to trade stewart. Not trying to spew out any exclusive information or anything, this just blew my mind when i heard it

I am in serious agreement with all of this happening except the Stewart thing. Stew is still young and with a full off season of no surgery I expect him to come back with a vengeance ala Thomas Davis.

It is obvious Dwill does not for the mold of what Getts wants to do so I would expect to see him gone sooner rather than later. Stew and Kadeem are both powerful agile runners who will make guys miss.

First of all, there would be no reason to trade or cut Stewart if we drafted Ka'deem and then cut Deangelo as we'd still be on the hook for his cap hit, so it would just be better to keep him as the starter and have Ka'deem as the backup.

Second, Stewart is my favorite player on the team and I'd VERY much hate to see him go

Third, I'd LOVE more than anything to see us get Ka'deem and I'd be willing to get rid of Stewart or almost anyone else on the team to make it happen.

Full disclosure, I'm an Arizona alum, which is why I'd love to see Ka'deem on the Panthers, the kid is an absolute stud and is going to be a Pro Bowl running back for years in this league.  Very tough to bring down, can be shifty if needed in the open field but he's more likely to just run you over instead, and very rarely is brought down for a loss, led the nation in percentage of carries that didn't result in a loss of yardage.

If Ka'deem somehow miraculously falls to us in the second, I'll be doing backflips and praying that Gettleman takes him and works the rest out later

This whole premise is a pipedream.  Stewart is going nowhere and DeAngelo restructured to the point that he will likely be here through 2015.  With Barner in the wings and Tolbert getting a bigger role I doubt running back is even on the radar yet alone a first or second round pick.

We have positions which are very thin, and running back is not one of them.

First of all, there would be no reason to trade or cut Stewart if we drafted Ka'deem and then cut Deangelo as we'd still be on the hook for his cap hit, so it would just be better to keep him as the starter and have Ka'deem as the backup.

Second, Stewart is my favorite player on the team and I'd VERY much hate to see him go

Third, I'd LOVE more than anything to see us get Ka'deem and I'd be willing to get rid of Stewart or almost anyone else on the team to make it happen.

Full disclosure, I'm an Arizona alum, which is why I'd love to see Ka'deem on the Panthers, the kid is an absolute stud and is going to be a Pro Bowl running back for years in this league. Very tough to bring down, can be shifty if needed in the open field but he's more likely to just run you over instead, and very rarely is brought down for a loss, led the nation in percentage of carries that didn't result in a loss of yardage.

If Ka'deem somehow miraculously falls to us in the second, I'll be doing backflips and praying that Gettleman takes him and works the rest out later

His main issue is that he's not necessarily a 'complete' tailback.. Meaning he's not as sharp in pass pro or the receiving game. But he's definitely a stud running the ball.

Archived