• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State

Ruff

We've gone through a list of the major candidates for the Panthers at WR. I've seen names like Matthews (who I'm a big fan of), Benjamin, Landry, Robinson (who I'm also a fan of), and others. However, the name I'm seeing left off the list that could very easily be one of the best receivers in this class is Davante Adams.

On paper, he's arguably the best red zone threat out of this draft class.  I've been a fan of him and Beckham.  Really the top 9 or so WRs all look to be pretty strong additions and see no reason why we shouldn't tab at least one of them.  

huge fan of Adams. the best climb the ladder, go high point the football WR in the draft. he can catch in traffic, has really good body control, and decpetive speed to get vertical, plus a good vertical jump. put up video game numbers, and i think he comes off the board in the 2nd round. i wanted to watch more of this guy, so i watched Derek Carr cutups, and Adams caught a TD in all 12 games that i watched. DG has said we need TD makers, and we also need RED ZONE threats. this guy is both.

Could he go in the first round? Because I definitely see us possibly taking him at 28th.

could, yes. i have seen 2 former scouts say he has a late 1st round grade on him in Daniel Jeremiah and Greg Gabriel. reminds people of Crabtree, who was also in a pass- happy offense.

Overall, Adams is still a raw “work in progress”. He hasn’t begun to reach the level of receiver he can be. It’s all in front of him, and he has the physical traits to become an excellent NFL receiver. He will need time to develop, but the team that drafts him will look at what he can be, not what he is. For that reason, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him drafted in the first, but right now, I see him as a guy that could go anywhere from the bottom third of the first to the top third of the second round. In other words, a 20-to-40 guy.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Prospect-Focus-Davante-Adams-and-Paul-Richardson.html

could, yes. i have seen 2 former scouts say he has a late 1st round grade on him in Daniel Jeremiah and Greg Gabriel. reminds people of Crabtree, who was also in a pass- happy offense.

Yeah just reading Adams bit on nfldraftgeek.com and they compare him to Crabtree. Didn't realize how similar they really are to one another. Almost identical height, weight and 40 times.

Spent the last bit watching Crabtree highlights and I do think Crabtree is a little more explosive and slightly more physical I see alot of Adams game in Crabtree's college and pro game.

With Adams being so young still (21) he's a very intriguing prospect. I don't think he'd be all that much of a reach at 28. Although his performance against USC does worry me. Still had a couple nice catches that game and Carr struggled too.

First thing I always look at when watching alot of these guys are their athletic ability. Adams is a very smooth athlete. From body control to leaping ability he can do it all. That's why I'm not all that high on Jordan Matthews. I don't see a great athlete when I watch him. You always want athletes first, football players second. You can mold athletes.

Yeah just reading Adams bit on nfldraftgeek.com and they compare him to Crabtree. Didn't realize how similar they really are to one another. Almost identical height, weight and 40 times.

Spent the last bit watching Crabtree highlights and I do think Crabtree is a little more explosive and slightly more physical I see alot of Adams game in Crabtree's college and pro game.

With Adams being so young still (21) he's a very intriguing prospect. I don't think he'd be all that much of a reach at 28. Although his performance against USC does worry me. Still had a couple nice catches that game and Carr struggled too.

First thing I always look at when watching alot of these guys are their athletic ability. Adams is a very smooth athlete. From body control to leaping ability he can do it all. That's why I'm not all that high on Jordan Matthews. I don't see a great athlete when I watch him. You always want athletes first, football players second. You can mold athletes.

Completely agree.  There are some concerns from a few games against top competition and him coming from a spread offense but he's got all the athletic ability in the world you look for in game-changer wideouts.  

I've seen him picked in the 1st in a handful of mocks (I believe McShay was one)

the USC game was the 2nd time i seen him play live, because they do not show fresno st in NC. but i was still impressed, because he was line up on a stud in Josh Shaw with good speed and size. but he had 2 high point catches over Shaw that showed that deceptive speed down the field with good body adjustment. he also was open on a double move, and other vertical routes but Carr missed him. on the double move, he had Shaw beat by at least 10 yards, and would have walked into the end zone.

he seemed more quick twitched as a fresh compared to his soph year tho, and would just bully his way instead of showing quick moves after the catch. if he runs a 4.4 low 4.5 which i think he will, you have to consider him at #28.

I mocked him in my draft to us in the 2nd but he may not even be there.  Can see him as a 1st rounder.  

Comparing him to other WRs, I don't see any huge differences talent and potential wise than the likes of OBJ, Robinson, and Matthews.  Maybe more in Adams favor...and he's got the size.   

Completely agree. There are some concerns from a few games against top competition and him coming from a spread offense but he's got all the athletic ability in the world you look for in game-changer wideouts.

I've seen him picked in the 1st in a handful of mocks (I believe McShay was one)

Yeah same, I've seen and read anywhere from late first to early third. I can't believe he falls out of the second though.

huge fan of Adams. the best climb the ladder, go high point the football WR in the draft. he can catch in traffic, has really good body control, and decpetive speed to get vertical, plus a good vertical jump. put up video game numbers, and i think he comes off the board in the 2nd round. i wanted to watch more of this guy, so i watched Derek Carr cutups, and Adams caught a TD in all 12 games that i watched. DG has said we need TD makers, and we also need RED ZONE threats. this guy is both.

how much better than kb at climbing? because of ive seen kb climb pretty high at some points.

how much better than kb at climbing? because of ive seen kb climb preety high at some points.

Adams might not can get as high as KB because he has a larger  catching radius( KB 6'5, DA 6'2), but Adams wins more on a consistent level when high pointing the ball. he is by far the best fade runner, in the red zone.

climbing the ladder WR threats

1. Adams

2a. Benjamin

2b. Evans

Archived