• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A vet will be cut...who?

Zod

This could be the year Moose gets the retire or be cut visit from the turk. The guy is Methusalah in football years for a WR already. I'm rooting against this happening actually, but it's one of the things to watch for this year in camp (along with Jarrett's development). A lot of people are going to say it's too soon, but you never know..

I hope a couple of the younger DBs with fresh legs have the mental acuity and discipline to beat out Wesley, nothing against him, but I'd like to see more speed and better cover ability in our #4/5 CB. I doubt it happens. Our ST coach will raise holy hell about it in the cut meeting because of all the experience we've already lost on STs.

Personally, I agree with Jase. I'd much rather see Landon Johnson cut than Anderson. You never know, this team tends to hoard as many spare linebackers as it can. I've seen speculation on here that the new Meeks system will be better suited to Johnson. Meh, I'll believe it when I see it.

We currently have 6 LBs that went to camp last year: Beason, Diggs, Davis, Conner, Anderson and Johnson.

@SFGF, Donte Curry in not currently on the roster. Was cut/never resigned.

I hate to break it to the Munnerlyn fans, but the ONLY way he make s the 53 man roster is as a KR/PR...period. He's too small to contirbute on STs anywhere else. Corner is a log-jam...with too much talent ahead of him.

His best chance is to hopefully get signed to the practice squad.

who says he is too small..i think he will go on the PS this year but i think if he performs better than wesley on ST..then wesley is gone.i am not a USC homer but i saw munnerlyn and he can play

I hate to say but Im thinking Hoover....

Are they going to make a run at Robertson to add some depth at DT with the money?

“When we were talking to them about Darwin, they said they were committed to the young guys right now,” Walker's agent, Al Irby, said Monday. “Seems strange, but with their salary-cap problems, they said that's the plan right now, to see what these kids can do.”

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/1500200.html

McClover was never a lock in my eye. He really didnt impress when he got his shot a year before. IMO she should have been gone that year but we just didnt have anyone else. Mike Wahle was the most shocking cut that I saw in years past. Now he IMO was a lock....

Taylor is safe cause we will do exactly that. Brayton and Johnson will fill a DT role at some points in the game. Also Taylor should get better under meeks cause he is really what Meeks likes out of a DE.

If I had to pick Vets to go they would be James Anderson,Donte Curry, and Landon Johnson. Rosario is also on the bubble if Barnidge improves and Expect some deep cuts at WR.

Johnson is only 275lbs. Why do people keep mentioning his name as someone who can slide inside?

How do we know that Taylor has what Meeks likes? Taylor was never on the field last season.

I have no idea what will happen, but I still think he is on the bubble.

Johnson is only 275lbs. Why do people keep mentioning his name as someone who can slide inside?

How do we know that Taylor has what Meeks likes? Taylor was never on the field last season.

I have no idea what will happen, but I still think he is on the bubble.

because johnson did that very thing last year..and when taylor was on the field last year he was good..he just kept geting hurt

because johnson did that very thing last year..and when taylor was on the field last year he was good..he just kept geting hurt

so when he slide inside, we were very small....and still got no pressure on the QB. Not exactly what I would like to see.

who says he is too small..i think he will go on the PS this year but i think if he performs better than wesley on ST..then wesley is gone.i am not a USC homer but i saw munnerlyn and he can play

Is going to block or gun on STs? If not then he's GOT to make it as retun man. With the things stacked as they are and Lloyd already being a one-trick pony on STs along with the LS, we are NOT going to have our returnman lacking contribution somewhere else.

Wesley is on kick coverage units AND our dime corner. He's not that bad as a corner and not TOO short.

With the 5-yard contact rule, unless you are a great jamming corner at the LOS, then you are irrelevant in today's NFL. (See Ricky Manning Jr.)

Again, he may stick as an emergancy returnman/corner on the practice squad.

I'd be surprised if Dante is cut. He's great on special teams and he scored a td for us last year.

we're short on CB talent too... we've got depth but little talent outside of gamble and marshall. i bet he stays.

i could see rosario getting cut if he doesn't fix some of his mental errors in training camp.

Archived