• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barry Switzer would 'never recruit a white quarterback'

Evengelion

Of course that kind of statement is racist and prejudicial.  Painting all white quarterbacks with the same broad brush is just as bad as what folks have done with black quarterbacks for decades.  Quarterbacks have to be judged on their own merits and skin color isn't one of them.  Looking at extremes and then trying to draw conclusions is the same fallacy no matter how it is applied.

I don't think this is racist.  Calling this racist is what keeps racism alive.  He likes to put in running QBs in his offense.  I know some white QBs can run well, but let's be honest, black people tend to have more lower leg strength and tend to run better, generally.   Just look at major sports.  There will be a few exceptions, but it is not coincidence that most running backs are black and the best ones, usually are also black.  Same with wide receivers and cornerbacks and other positions where running is huge.  I'm a white guy and I'm not silly enough to not realize that black people are, on average, going to be better runners.    There is also the theory that black people have higher twitch muscles leading to higher athleticism.  On the flip side, I've heard a lot of times white people are (generally) more suited for straight up strength instead of speed, like lineman, etc.  As always, there will be exceptions.   But watch the olympics, aren't most runners black and most swimmers white?  I only believe in coincidence to a point.   This is just genetics.  It's not racism, this is just who we are, and we should be proud that some of us are different, but in the end, we're all human.   I'm not going to knock someone for pointing out what he thinks is a fact based on evidence he's seen over the years.  If he was to come out and compare intelligence and personality traits, that would be racist though.

The broncos lost the Super Bowl because manning can't throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield and the Seahawks made solid tackles on all the broncos short routes, not because Mannings not mobile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't think this is racist.  Calling this racist is what keeps racism alive.  He likes to put in running QBs in his offense.  I know some white QBs can run well, but let's be honest, black people tend to have more lower leg strength and tend to run better, generally.   Just look at major sports.  There will be a few exceptions, but it is not coincidence that most running backs are black and the best ones, usually are also black.  Same with wide receivers and cornerbacks and other positions where running is huge.  I'm a white guy and I'm not silly enough to not realize that black people are, on average, going to be better runners.    There is also the theory that black people have higher twitch muscles leading to higher athleticism.  On the flip side, I've heard a lot of times white people are (generally) more suited for straight up strength instead of speed, like lineman, etc.  As always, there will be exceptions.   But watch the olympics, aren't most runners black and most swimmers white?  I only believe in coincidence to a point.   This is just genetics.  It's not racism, this is just who we are, and we should be proud that some of us are different, but in the end, we're all human.   I'm not going to knock someone for pointing out what he thinks is a fact based on evidence he's seen over the years.  If he was to come out and compare intelligence and personality traits, that would be racist though.

I tend to agree with this.

Have you ever heard of "Jimmy the Greek" ??

Still trying to figure out what your exact angle is. Are you one of those racist Mexicans? Or a self hating Puerto Rican (ie "I'm not black I'm Puerto Rican!")? Why do you post the stupid, inflammatory nonsense that you post? Are you fat (that was uncalled for, I digress).

A lot of what K said was true but I think focusing on race as much as he did skewed his perspective. Everything became about race, even when it wasnt. That doesn't change the fact that he said a lot of truth that made people on this board uncomfortable.

Summer's Eve is the new KT.

Genetics? Right. This is boarder line racist itself. In the Olympics, most runners are black and swimmers are white? This comes from the Jimmy The Greek school of racism. 

The broncos lost the Super Bowl because manning can't throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield and the Seahawks made solid tackles on all the broncos short routes, not because Mannings not mobile

Are you sure about that? You gotta give your receivers a second chance to get open sometimes. Those physically gifted WRs are going against other physically gifted defensive players, you can't expect them to always be able to create separation in less than 3 second.

Archived