• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting Mock draft choice.

Udogg

I prefer Niklas to Amaro to this point. The mistake people make imo is thinking that Amaro will be a receiving TE. That may be what he was in college, but in the pros, he'll be a more traditional, well-rounded TE. Niklas has a similar game, but I think he has more speed than Amaro. He had more catches down the field than Amaro. Literally around half of Amaro's catches in college were for 5 yards or less. I wouldn't be surprised if Niklas ends up in the 1st round.

Clearly, you've forgotten about The Eagles, Bengals, Cowboys and Patriots. Colt put on a great workout with limited time to prepare and his physical attributes are too tempting to pass up. Someone will indeed take him in seven rounds.

With how bad we need playmakers, if Colt is there in the 4th, we would be stupid to to try. Physically he would be the BPA

A 1st seems too high for Niklas though he would fit our offense extremely well. I'd go with ASJ if we spend a first rounder on a tight end and Ebron isn't available. As things stand right now, I think there is a good chance Niklas would be there for our second round pick - he would probably represent good value there. The article is correct - running a two tight base set would mask our current weakness at WR.

If gettleman can get an LT in free agency, we could very well go WR and TE in the first two rounds. ASJ and Adams/Robinson Cooks/OBJ/Benjamin and Niklas would give Cam plenty of new weapons and should drastically improve our offense - though the line would remain a big concern.

Clearly, you've forgotten about The Eagles, Bengals, Cowboys and Patriots. Colt put on a great workout with limited time to prepare and his physical attributes are too tempting to pass up. Someone will indeed take him in seven rounds.

If no one took Da'rick Rodgers, then no one is taking Lyerla in the seven rounds. He'll be an UDFA.

Some fans in here talk about trading for Jimmy Graham... well... anyone who has seen Colt play know that this kid is going to be scary good if he falls to a team with a good foundation and strong coaching staff.

I don't see us drafting him since we already have a pass-catching TE in Olsen but I'd love to have him since Greg could be gone 2-3 years from now.

Draft Colt and resign Hartsock. Colt is too good to not take the chance with a 4th-7th pick. Can never have to many receiving threats

Archived