• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Waive Ben Gordon

That Ben Gordon situation was weird.  I know he's on the decline and way over paid.  We traded for him essentially for contract reasons. I'm not sure why they didn't give him any minutes to drive up his trade stock though.  I know he had some nagging injuries but for quite sometime he's just been inactive.  I just don't know why the Bobcats would say they need outside shooting, make a trade, and not utilize a guy on the bench that's known for his outside shooting.  I also don't think it's wise to say you're team is trying to make playoff push, and then voluntarily leave themselves a vacant roster spot after the deadline.  This should have been done before the deadline.  I'm not sure if there's anyone out there that can even help the team anymore.

During the Spurs game I remember seeing the camera focused on the Bobcats bench during a timeout and you could see Ben Gordon.  He seemed disengaged with the game.....relegated to a fate he knew would come.  He was still dapping teammates though and there's something to be said for that.

Something must have happened behind closed doors.  It's the only explanatiion.  I don't see who you could pick up at this point in the year that's any better then Gordon is.  You're still going to have to pay him....why not play him and make him earn it.  At least make him run a scout team in scrimmages.  

Either way good luck Ben...sorry things didn't work out here like we all wanted to.  You've had a decent career and have made a lot of money. Best of luck in your future.   Like I said.....he's made a lot of money so no he hasn't truly been screwed.....but the way the Bobcats have handled him it sort of comes across like Gordon got a raw deal regarding his basketball future.

He hated playing for that asshole coach we had last year and it messed up his relations with the front office.

I remember hearing about that.  I'm not sure why the two sides couldn't work through their problems considering they fired Dunlap though.  Must be more then that even though that had something to do with.  Maybe he didn't want to wear Jordan's.

That Ben Gordon situation was weird. I know he's on the decline and way over paid. We traded for him essentially for contract reasons. I'm not sure why they didn't give him any minutes to drive up his trade stock though. I know he had some nagging injuries but for quite sometime he's just been inactive. I just don't know why the Bobcats would say they need outside shooting, make a trade, and not utilize a guy on the bench that's known for his outside shooting. I also don't think it's wise to say you're team is trying to make playoff push, and then voluntarily leave themselves a vacant roster spot after the deadline. This should have been done before the deadline. I'm not sure if there's anyone out there that can even help the team anymore.

During the Spurs game I remember seeing the camera focused on the Bobcats bench during a timeout and you could see Ben Gordon. He seemed disengaged with the game.....relegated to a fate he knew would come. He was still dapping teammates though and there's something to be said for that.

Something must have happened behind closed doors. It's the only explanatiion. I don't see who you could pick up at this point in the year that's any better then Gordon is. You're still going to have to pay him....why not play him and make him earn it. At least make him run a scout team in scrimmages.

Either way good luck Ben...sorry things didn't work out here like we all wanted to. You've had a decent career and have made a lot of money. Best of luck in your future. Like I said.....he's made a lot of money so no he hasn't truly been screwed.....but the way the Bobcats have handled him it sort of comes across like Gordon got a raw deal regarding his basketball future.

What are you talking about? We knew when we flipped maggettes contract for him and Detroit's first rounder that the only real asset was the first rounder. Gordon wasn't in the plans for this team ever.

This seems like a no-brainer. If we didn't get a significant asset before the deadline for Gordon, we would let him expire. I was surprised when we were rumoured to buy him out. If we pulled that off I would have been shocked and happy but no worries that we didn't. I'm actually glad now that he is waived because he was probably disgruntled in the locker room and our young team doesn't need any negative vibes to distract them from the games we have to win.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived