• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason: Would we have been better off?

Evengelion

you're missing a huge factor in the 2 dimes argument..  You still have picks 2-7 to find your 2 dimes in any particular draft.  But in your argument you expect to beat every team with only a QB and fielding a team of average players..  You can't win games all the way to the SB with that philosophy.

What you can do is take the most important roles on either side of the ball and draft a true playmaker and fill good players around them.

If Gettleman only hits on 1 draft pick every year then you will have a valid point..

How is a starting LT that protects and immobile QB that puts up over 4500 yards annually averaged? He was a 1st rounder too.

So, you're expecting to hit the jack pot on a starting LT and a franchise WR in one draft? If you're picking top 5 that's a different story but when you're picking 28 that poo is slim. MLBs aren't as important. A good DL and scheme can mask their weaknesses easily. The best defenses in the league don't necessarily have top notch name brand defensive player of the year type MLBs. One of them won the SB this year. We could do wonder with Beason and with a starting LT in our pocket.

Kuechly is probably the best football player on this team. He could be the smartest football player who has ever played for the Panthers (think about that).  He is the best at his position in the NFL. Knowing what we know now, would we take him in that draft if we had the first overall pick?  Probably.  Are the Giants locking Beason into a long-term deal?  nope.  His career is almost over.

Having said that, this is the offseason and I appreciate anyone who introduces a new topic.  I am not going to curse you or mock you because you bring up a topic or point that I disagree with.  I will just express my opinion and move on. 

if you think you're talking about anything other than ifs than you haven't even thought out what type of conversation you started...

For example, Jon Beason is a hugggge "if" at this point in his career...

Based on your signature I can tell Keuchly is in your heart, so I don't expect you to think outside the box. Now imagine the defense suck next year like they were against the first Saints game and the OL can't protect Cam to make up for the defense' inability to stop anyone, again, like the game against NE.

Kuechly is probably the best football player on this team. He could be the smartest football player who has ever played for the Panthers (think about that).  He is the best at his position in the NFL. Knowing what we know now, would we take him in that draft if we had the first overall pick?  Probably.  Are the Giants locking Beason into a long-term deal?  nope.  His career is almost over.

Having said that, this is the offseason and I appreciate anyone who introduces a new topic.  I am not going to curse you or mock you because you bring up a topic or point that I disagree with.  I will just express my opinion and move on. 

Somebody's engaging in hyperbole. The best player on this team? Ok, guy!

Based on your signature I can tell Keuchly is in your heart, so I don't expect you to think outside the box. Now imagine the defense suck next year like they were against the first Saints game and the OL can't protect Cam to make up for the defense' inability to stop anyone, again, like the game against NE.

Based on your posts I can tell nothing is in your brain, so I don't expect you to think at all.

Glad you like my Luke Kuechly avatar though :lol:

This is Luke Keuchly we are talking about.

Unless we were choosing between Willie Roaf, Calvin Johnson, and Keuchly. Then I can be brought to pause.

Other than that its Luke all day

MLBs aren't that important to a team's. If he gets injured I can assure you someone will step right in behind that DL and replace him without missing a beat. Nobody build franchises around MLBs. Ray Lewis won a SB on one arm getting beat like a drum throughout the year. We would have been better as an organization having Beason our MLB and Riley Reif as our starting LT.

Archived