• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If your Cam Newton's Agent....

charlottenian

Do you even discuss holdout with your client? His market value has the potential at this moment to significantly drop, no legitimate WRs, O-line is in shambles.... if this is how it would be going into the season and we add just a few rookies and 2nd tier FAs I don't know if I would want my client to have his contract year played under those terms.

Cam already spoke out earlier this offseason about holding out not even being an option. This release of Smitty will not change that. I'm sure he knows he has to step up his leadership to replace the old guard, and I'm sure he's more than willing and capable of doing that.

If I'm Cam, I'm even more loyal to this franchise (as long as they end up getting me some help).

The GM just cut the most popular Panther ever essentially...for you. To hand Cam the keys to the offense/leadership. Dick move to even consider holding out, again, contingent on getting some players around him. 

Um no.

If Cam takes a bunch of scrubs at WR and RB with a shaky Oline to the playoffs, his value will be crazy high.

If he doesn't it will still be high because of the reasons above and what he did this past season and rookie year.

So yeah, if I'm Cam's agent, I'd still be feeling good as long as there is no injury.

Archived