• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ginn to Arizona, 3 yr deal

SgtJoo

I get it, MG, but we've been here before...

Where a majority of the huddle senses something is amiss and bad things are to come, they get called chicken littles, get made fun of, then a few months later, turns out they were right and everyone is miserable.

I'm not saying that is or will be what happens this year, but there is certainly reason to be concerned right now. Rarely do any teams signing like mad men on the first days of FA do anything of significance. That's not what I'm advocating. But, teams that retain the right impact players, DO win, and sustain success. We let a LOT of impact players go in the first three days and have added nothing. That is the issue.

Yes, there is a lot of time left to add players, but are the players left equal to what we have lost? As I said, go look at what's left... That's why everyone is complaining about what we lost, not what we haven't added. It's about what we let go. And then the other issue is, we're picking what? 28th in the draft? We have absolutely no way of projecting what will be there. Gettleman has already said we don't draft based on need. Which is great when you have most of your roster filled. LOL, WE DON'T!!! We have a LOT OF NEEDS, and those have expanded since a good deal of our contributing players have signed elsewhere. So, what happens if our pick comes up and everyone has already ran through the top tier of WRs and Gettleman has a Defensive Tackle as the BPA there? LOL. Do you take him, or do you go against your philosophy and reach for the next best prospect at WR?

There is a fine line between being smart, and being inactive, and we fell into the latter and now we're in some deep ish... JMO, though... We'll certainly find out soon, lol.

Ginn, Mitchell, Wharton among others were all players that were " left" after the first wave of FA. Given that ,it's not hard to believe that the very players we lost, who were players that were left last year around this time or later, can't be replaced in similar fashion.

It's BPA within reason. Gettlemen is obviously not going to use a 1st on a RB, QB, MLB, etc regardless of their talent. To think otherwise is naive. He doesn't specifically state exceptions to BPA because it s common sense.

The easiest way to feel better about what's happening in Charlotte is to continue attempts at convincing yourself none of the guys remaining on Carolina's roster were that good to begin with.

Here's the question I'll toss out there....

Does the "transition plan" of the Carolina Panthers now give Cam Newton every reason to hold out? 

WR on the roster:

Brenton Bersin

Toney Clemons

Tavarres King

Marvin McNutt

Kealoha Pilares

RJ Webb

...a cast of characters sure to strike fear into the hearts of DBs everywhere......

The easiest way to feel better about what's happening in Charlotte is to continue attempts at convincing yourself none of the guys remaining on Carolina's roster were that good to begin with.

Here's the question I'll toss out there....

Does the "transition plan" of the Carolina Panthers now give Cam Newton every reason to hold out? 

WR on the roster:

Brenton Bersin

Toney Clemons

Tavarres King

Marvin McNutt

Kealoha Pilares

RJ Webb

...a cast of characters sure to strike fear into the hearts of DBs everywhere......

Thats assuming that we don't sign any WR's or draft any, which we know is not going to be the case. Someone will get signed, the question is who.

How in Gods name is the offense going to score next year? They had trouble last year but now...oline decimated, WR group gutted, and same old RB crew. If I was Cam I would be very worried. If the defense forces shut outs we are looking at ties...0-0. 

How in Gods name is the offense going to score next year? They had trouble last year but now...oline decimated, WR group gutted, and same old RB crew. If I was Cam I would be very worried. If the defense forces shut outs we are looking at ties...0-0. 

Months left in free agency...

The Draft in May...

Other team's cut during training camp...

Trade options...

Unless we've somehow been banned from all these things, I'd say there are still options available.

Pickles had more offensive weapons and a better o-line, and we deliberately tanked that season. I don't even believe this is happening. We can't even come close to replacing what we've lost on offense, and we were already bad on offense. The offense is going to be unwatchable, or Cam is going to try and do it all on his own, which is how you injure your knee. We don't have the money, or the picks to replace what we've lost imo. I don't know what Gettlegunt is going to do.

Cam is gonna need to rethink his no hold out idea. When the time comes he's going to need to bend Gettleman over and take him for EVERY dime he's worth because with this s**t show GMan is putting on at the moment Cam is going to be murdered by opposing defenses. Get what ya can while u can still walk Cam.

Archived