• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Munnerlyn to Vikings- 3 year deal

SOJA

Gettleman killed FA last year by finding a bunch of other team's cast offs to sign for next to nothing. I hope he can do the same again this year, but I'm getting nervous about him being able to get that lucky 2 years in a row.

it's not luck, it's being able to properly evaluate talent.  something we never had before.

Gettleman killed FA last year by finding a bunch of other team's cast offs to sign for next to nothing. I hope he can do the same again this year, but I'm getting nervous about him being able to get that lucky 2 years in a row.

If Gettleman can find a way to sign Hardy longterm and then sign Charles Tillman, Sidney Rice, and Thomas DeCoud, I would consider this free agency a success.  Something like that should be reasonable, but so far Getts want to bring in cats like Roman Harper.

All that matters is the product put on the field opening day

Offense concerns me because of the timing and coordination required.

All that is left for Newton is Olsen an aging Williams, Tolbert and Stewart

Oline a mess. WRs a mess and secondary a mess

Gettleman has 5 months to fix it

This is exactly where we were the entire season.  OT, WR and DB were out biggest weaknesses all season, and they still are.  Nothing has changed.

DG fixed the DL last offseason, he'll fix one or two of the weaknesses this offseason, and we'll be right back in the thick of things.

we'll be able to answer this question in a couple of years, when we see if we are still in the playoffs and if those players are still with the same team.  I'm guessing that we'll be just fine, and they'll be cut as cap casualties.  Overpaying <> winning franchise.

It's a business both ways.  They are following the money, so let them go.  Good luck.  I am glad we don't have some idiot handing out $25M signing bonuses to C level players.

Let's hope he doesn't overpay Lafell. hehe

it's not luck, it's being able to properly evaluate talent.  something we never had before.

Fair enough, and I think with Gman's 20+ years experience as a scout, he's one of the better talent evaluators in the league. Still though, I think there's always going to be some level of luck involved in finding quality players for next to nothing, as you not only have to identify the talent, you have to have the rest of the league miss out on a guy. Like Ginn or Mitchell being undervalued by the rest of the NFL prior to last season, for example.

Fair enough, and I think with Gman's 20+ years experience as a scout, he's one of the better talent evaluators in the league. Still though, I think there's always going to be some level of luck involved in finding quality players for next to nothing, as you not only have to identify the talent, you have to have the rest of the league miss out on a guy. Like Ginn or Mitchell being undervalued by the rest of the NFL prior to last season, for example.

sure, the guys still have to be there.  what we get with DG, though, is someone who can bring in solid B level guys at B level contracts.  that will get us through until he can fill those spots with A level draft talent.  what we're not doing is paying B/C level guys A level contracts, which is what put us here in the first place.

Archived