• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Cheap" FA Options

Catalyst

Some names left on the market that would come relatively cheap, with the exception of perhaps James Jones:

LEFT TACKLE OPTIONS:
Marshall Newhouse (Packers)
J'Marcus Webb (Vikings/Bears)
Michael Oher (Ravens)
Charles Brown (Saints)

RIGHT TACKLE OPTIONS:
Zach Strief (Saints)
Michael Oher (Ravens)
Guy Whimper (Steelers)
Ryan Harris (Broncos)

WIDE RECEIVER OPTIONS:
James Jones (Packers)
Kenny Britt (Titans)
Jason Avant (Eagles)
Mario Manningham (49ers/Giants)
Jerricho Cotchery (Steelers)
Jerome Simpson (Vikings/Bengals)
Jacoby Ford (Raiders)
Donario Alexander (Chargers)

Sorry, this doesn't go here, But I need to say this. I'm really really hoping that Gettleman finds us some bonefide WRs from somewhere on this planet. Whether it be in the draft, FA, the CFL or wherever. When the dust settles and the season begins, we had better not have a problem with our passing game. If we do, the backlash that you think he's enduring now will be minuscule to what he'll get if we don't have production from our wideouts.

As much as it pains me to say this, and I'm forcing myself to look at this with my glass 1/2 full, we will miss Smittys intensity on the field/leadership more than anything. Nobody can energize our crowd like Smitty did. We could be down 35-7 and the man catches the ball, spins it on the ground and smacks his helmet, and if you closed your eyes for two seconds you'd think he just scored the game winning TD.

Sorry in advance if my post derails your thread OP. I don't have thread creating abilities just yet. To my fellow fans, we're just going to have to wait and see what happens. We sang Gettlemans praises last year, let's see if he can wow us once again. It's hard to think that will be possible with what we've been left with. We are and traditionally always have been a "build through the draft" type of team. It's hard to have faith now, but let's all hope this FO and our scouting department can pull several rabbits out of the hat before September.

Archived